Home

WIP: Gallandro

sights0d

These are a couple of screenies of Gallandro, the gunslinger from the original Han Solo trilogy. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'm interested in two items of advice in particular:

1. Is it possible to get rid of the bangs only on the Kyle model?

2. Is it possible to add Jan's holster to it?

I'm pretty sure that there must be a way for #1, but I have extreme doubts about #2.

Screenshots:

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Looking good, but here's a suggestion: From what I recall of Gallandro in the books, his mustache actually droops down, rather than curls up. I would put 3 or 4 beads on each side, and have the tips of the mustachios droop down below the lips. I would also make only the sides of his hair grey, while the top and mustache would be black.

For his clothes, see if you can make them fairly ornate. I always picture Gallandro as wearing fancy, expensive clothes.

By the way, as far as your questions go, no to both. The only way you could do either is to edit the model. The bangs in his hair are part of the entire Head surface, so you can't turn them off without turning the whole Head off. It'd be cool if you could add things like a holster, but unfortunately, you can't.

I was just rereading Han Solo and the Lost Legacy and Gallandro is supposed to be wearing grey trousers, short grey jacket, high collared whited shirt, and a LONG WHITE SCARF. I'm wondering if the scarf will make him look effeminent.

I like the idea of the threads and the colors, but I also want it obvious that he's a tough guy... How can I get that old gunslinger look? I'm thinking something like Angel Eyes from the Clint Eastwood movies.

K... I've decided to completely redo the body from scratch (or rather, from the jkreference pack). So...

gray pants...

gray short jacket,

white shirt (but not pure rip-your-eyes-from-your-sockets white)

and I'm thinking of tinkering with a scarf (multiplayer colours?)

black shiny boots

Now... any idea of how to add something in the way of design to the jacket?

I'm going to close this thread up, because it looks like no one is really interested. I'm going to flip a coin and decide if I should open a new one under WIP: Gallandro and see if I can get more interest. Then I'll flip a coin and see if I want to keep working on the skin at all.

This is only a suggestion, but I'd probably display your work as Jpgs with the minimum compression. That way you don't spend as much time on the download, it looks nice, and it's easier for people to view.

I'd prefer that, anyway. And you might get more feedback then. Just my opinion.....

As far as the skin:

I couldn't access half of the images, but the first few and the last one I could see. It has a kind of cartoony feel, but I realize it's a work in progress, and I don't know exactly what you're going for.

On an interesting note, the most recent picture you posted looks cel shaded in a way, and while perhaps not a common appearance, it gives way to some interesting skins and possible mods. Cel shaded style would be interesting, but I dont know if it's possible with the engine, though. I kind of doubt it.

I am merely assuming the 'cel' look is because you just started to rework the skin recently, and while the textures aren't very detailed yet, it has some pretty neat design behind it.

Keep on Skinning!

I concur. That might be why I don't get a lot of comments. I'll convert some over to jpegs and repost them. Thanks.

I hadn't actually been going for a cell shaded look, but I know what you mean. I'm intending to fix that part last. I'm using photoshop 4.x, so I'm somewhat limited as far as some drawing parameters go. I'll fix that other stuff in a few minutes and repost.

Hey, that's starting to look really cool :D Definitely looking fancy and somewhat old-fashioned, somewhat old-west-ish, which is how I picture him.

I like the cut of the jacket, but definitely needs more texture and shading to give it the realism it deserves. For his face, I would darken his hair more, make it actually black, and then give him some grey on his temples to give the impression that he's not really old, but he's starting to age.

Another thing, I don't know if you tried this in one of your previous pictures, couldn't view any of the bmp versions. I would suggest throwing a couple more beads on each side of the mustache, and also make his little goatee a bit longer and put a bead on there.

I can't figure out what to do next. I'm having a devil of a time with skin textures and cloth textures. Does anyone know of a tutorial for it? I Just can't seem to get it to work at all. I actually screwed up the face pretty badly and then accidently saved it, but thankfully had a pk3 set up earlier and I just pulled those files out and replaced the bad files with them.

HELP! Need textures!

Archived