Home

iMUSE patent...

Michel Iwaniec

Is there someone in posession of a digital copy of the iMUSE patent who would be kind enough to share it with me?

After Delphion took over the patents server from IBM, viewing patents is no longer free, but costs you about $200 a month. (if I remember the price tag correctly) :(

I've got a text version of it (without the illustrations), which I made from an OCR of the original document. Looking for my backed up passwords text file that I made before reinstalling Windows - so that I can upload it to the scummbag page. I'll let you know when I find it :)

For Drigo, not SCUMM patents, iMUSE patents. The iMUSE technology was, as you know, patented by LEC in the early 90s and the patent document was stored (along with all other US patents) on a server hosted by IBM.

- Serge

I believe the patent can be found at this address here.

However I have not read this patent, and if you are going to write any kind of implementation I would suggest not reading it either. By reading it, I would gain knowledge of the intended system design, instead of creating a parser capable of reading data files. I have been told the patent is worded so that it protects the CREATION of iMUSE tracks more than the playback, but I wouldn't know :p

Archived