Home

Editing the Intro Scrolling Text

Wei St Paliv

have a look under base\menu\video. there should be three files, one for each english, german and french.

in these files there are the scrolling texts, which are used by the textcrawl shader (open the shader with worpad and you'll see it) :D

Yes but how do I edit the actual scrolling text? The .tga files when I open them in Photoshop are just white - and in the text_crawl.shader file there is no text for the crawling bit - just this:

menu/video/tc_0

{

nopicmip

{

clampmap menu/video/tc_engl

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA

rgbGen vertex

alphaGen vertex

}

}

menu/video/tc_1

{

nopicmip

{

clampmap menu/video/tc_francais

rgbGen vertex

alphaGen vertex

}

}

menu/video/tc_2

{

nopicmip

{

clampmap menu/video/tc_deutsch

rgbGen vertex

alphaGen vertex

}

}

menu/video/tc_5

{

nopicmip

{

clampmap menu/video/tc_taiwanese

rgbGen vertex

alphaGen vertex

}

}

menu/video/tc_7

{

nopicmip

{

clampmap menu/video/tc_espanol

rgbGen vertex

alphaGen vertex

}

}

menu/video/tc_demo

{

nopicmip

{

clampmap menu/video/tc_demo

rgbGen vertex

alphaGen vertex

}

}

So, how do I edit the crawling text?

When I open the tgas in photoshop they're white indeed, but when I open them in Corel Photopaint, I can see the text. The text is just a mask, no real pixels. so with photopaint i can edit the text by typing some text and then converting it to a mask, with photoshop, I don't know.

Originally posted by Badakku

When I open the tgas in photoshop they're white indeed, but when I open them in Corel Photopaint, I can see the text. The text is just a mask, no real pixels. so with photopaint i can edit the text by typing some text and then converting it to a mask, with photoshop, I don't know.

Perhaps the white you are seeing in Photoshop is the 8-bit alpha layer. . . or perhaps the text is IN the 8bit alpha layer and in Photoshop you need to change to that layer in order to see the text . . .

just a thought

Dave

Yeah I found it thanks,

Opened in PS with the right settings I could indeed see the text.

I have now made my own Intro for my 'Clone' Mod set from the last scenes of Episode 2 onwards to just before Episode 3. I plan on releasing a sort of Demo soon, ,which will show you what it is like.

where in PS do you make the appropriate settings? I have photoshop 5.5 .... Any help would be appreciated!!!

EDIT: I got it to work, but to line it up like how The_One did it... did you use like a 3rd-party word processor, and just copy and paste? or how did you get it to line up like that. I know in word there are 4 options, left margin, right marin, center Margin, and equal margin(where all the lines line up on both sides.

I didn't do it in Word, because if I had it would just muck up on pasting into Photoshop. No Graphics prog. I have has an option to justify the text, so I just did it manually...

And here's the final version of ours...

intro2.jpg

Thanks for you help The_one, and you Darth_Linux for discovering how to make the text appear. Now just to wait for some to really crack the CUTSCENE stuff with Ships and whatever, then mods will REALLY be in business, well, sort of... (avoided a flame by saying that.. I could hear it now.. MODS AREN'T MODS BECAUSE THE SP SDK ISN'T OUT AND WILL NEVER BE OUT!!!!!!!!!) LOL....But again, thanks everyone!!!

I've tried to do this but when it comes to saving the file it comes up with some kind of limitation message. If I save regardless of this message and then load it back up all my changes are wiped. Any chance of a mini tutorial on how to use Paint Shop Pro to do this intro text changing method.

Archived