Home

Quick Getup Script?

alienine

Well recently someone suggested some kind of counter to the cheap asspush or pull down and ass sctrike tactic that has been pissing me off... press jump like crazy!! It only works 80% of the time for me, and what happens it my player is about to get totally screwed with a back stab or a spin shlash thing and out of nowhere he just flips into the air and *attempts* to run his saber down the other guy's skull... or something like that.

Would it be possible to make a script that would do this? Like a script that would execute a crapload of jumps... I'm not sure it works 100% of the time when done right, but I sure hope so coz it would be a good counter against the cheapness out there.

If you're mashing jump as soon as you see yourself falling down, and they still hit you with the backstab, it's probably because your ping is higher than theirs.

Play on lower ping servers and your success rate may improve.

Plus, sometimes, you're just unlucky. I have about a 75% success rate avoiding backstabs, unless my ping is high.. at which point it drops to 50% or so.

for me, just hitting jump a few times does the job almost all the time against backstab...

but nothing (yes, NOTHING!~!) works against backsweep... why's this??? not rolling away, not jumping, not kicking... cos i'm dead the moment i'm down with the sweep (when it's done properly)... it IS an infallible move... and i use it when i'm frustrated to make the numbers look a bit better, i can rack up almost 80% of duels with this technique, haha... :) (only before the guilty conscience takes over and reminds me how lame it is)

> but nothing (yes, NOTHING!~!) works

> against backsweep...

There's a ton of ways to prevent getting backstabbed, and all of them are heavily documented.

Either learn to prevent getting knocked on your ass (best way to survive an assfighter) or kill them first.

Obviously they'll get lucky sometimes but even if you hit a 50% success ratio you're doing better than just giving up and crying on some forum.

Originally posted by karismatik

for me, just hitting jump a few times does the job almost all the time against backstab...

but nothing (yes, NOTHING!~!) works against backsweep... why's this??? not rolling away, not jumping, not kicking... cos i'm dead the moment i'm down with the sweep (when it's done properly)... it IS an infallible move... and i use it when i'm frustrated to make the numbers look a bit better, i can rack up almost 80% of duels with this technique, haha... :) (only before the guilty conscience takes over and reminds me how lame it is)

actually it's quite easy to avoid

http://jkhq.ath.cx/pushpullcounter.php

Archived