Home

MP Announcer Mod

Shadow Angel

Okay, I posted this in the General Editing section but no one seems to want to reply, so I'm posting it here. (Copy and paste of original post)

I've been playing JKII multiplayer for about a week now, and it's the best MP game I know. One of the only problems, IMO, is the incredibly lame announcer. I first really noticed this in the Gateway Challenge thing when the woman announcer droned out, "The Force is not with you." What!!??

If you've played Unreal Tournament, you've probably heard the announcer say things in a really deep voice like, "Killing Spree!" when you get five frags (kills) in a row without dying, then "Rampage!" at 10, and other assorted lines up to 25, I think.

He also says "Double Kill!" if you frag two people in quick succession, and other lines up until "M-M-MONSTER KILL!" if you frag 5 or more people at the same time (like with a single rocket).

Other lines include "Head Shot!" if you blow someone's head off with a sniper rifle (BTW, that's a good idea for a Disruptor rifle mod.)

Anyway, I think you know what I mean. My request is: Can someone out there please make a good announcer mod, like in Unreal Tournament? Maybe a little more Star Wars-based, like referring to the Force, but PLEASE something better than "The Force is (not) with you."

Oh, and it's been a while since I've played Unreal, so those numbers might not be entirely accurate. Sorry.

:lightning

I think this would be a cool addition...

IF done in moderation.

What I see on CS servers now is a variation of this complete with the voice ripped from UT, but only MUCH more annoying because not only does it say things like "Monster Kill!" it then prints all these stats across the screen for the player who did it which distracts and detracts if you in the middle of the game (versus being dead).

Good idea, but whomever does it, just please remember to keep the screen as CLEAN as possible as nothing ruins a good game more than voting and pointless statistical information right in the middle of the game.

HellFyre69

My favorite UT line was "You be dead" :)

The Counter-Strike UT announcer mod puts a bunch of stats on the screen? Jeez, that sounds like overkill. The only thing that should be displayed on the screen perhaps is the red letters saying what you did, just like in UT (you know, like when it flashes "Shadow_Angel is on a killing spree!" or whatever.)

Yeah, I'd go for an Announcer mod too.

meto... the one that comes with jkii is-- lacking

if I remember right, ST:EF had a kill tracking thing... I know the MP demo has it... dont know how to describe it.

:D

what about a jarjar announcer voice mod?

/me runs for life!:D

Using sounds recorded from the movies alone, you could easily add Vader's voice saying "the Force is/is not with you"

But he never says "Ysalamari" so I guess you'd have to fudge that one. I agree, there are much cooler annoucers they could have than Mon Mothma... ; p

UT's announcer was mostly based on individual performance, whereas JK2 uses the Q3 template. Lots of stuff is possible, just find somebody with a good speaking voice or use sound editing to make that nasal 12 year old voice sound cool. ; )

Oh, that's Mon Mothma announcing? Never thought about it until now. Oh, well. A little off topic, they could have made her role in the original trilogy a lot bigger (I mean, come on, she's the leader of the Alliance!) She might have a cameo in Episode III in the Senate or something.

Archived