Home

Padme and the Geonosis Arena Battle

leXX

How the hell did Padme survive. All she has is a blaster, the Jedi are blocking like crazy with their sabers and she is just standing there firing. I am looking at a picture of the last few Jedi and Padme sorrounded by battle droids. She is not behind Anakin so he isn't defending her. She is standind between Anakin and Mace. With all the blaster fire going on and no protection, how the hell did she survive??

Yeah, I've wondered that too ever since I first saw the arena battle. Maybe it has something to do with how her outfit gets another clean rip in it whenever the camera returns to her...

...you can tell where I had my attention focused the whole time :o

The silly reply is 'She's a main character she has to survive at least until Ep III!' :p

Well there's the rumour a scene was cut where Yoda says something to Padme implying the Force is strong in her. Perhaps not enough to be a Jedi but enough for her chances to survive some harsh situations to be higher than average.

Also I feel it's safe to think that as being a Republic Senator and former Queen of Naboo she has basic combat training. (As also seen in Episode I, she could handle herself there and was a surprisingly good shot..) She sure could handle a blaster -designed for a battledroid- that she had never used before. This would improve on her survival capabilities.

Another factor is simple luck, there's probably enough skilled Jedi that died in the Arena battle because of some droid potshot or errant blastershot. The same applies in reverse, though the surviving Jedi are definately the most skilled ones, luck will certainly contribute in a small way.

And seeing Anakin and the others are Jedi and use the Force, their coordination in deflecting blaster shots and protecting each other and Padme should be higher.

Even if she did get shot, she probably would have just fallen over and taken a nap until a Clone Trooper told her it was time to go...

lmfao

Then later in the circle of jedi.....she was kind of towards the center, so it's possible......

I'm looking of a picture of it right now and she isn't near the center, she is around the outside rim like everyone else.

Don't get me wrong here, AOTC is my favourite film of all time, I just find it hard to believe little things like this. We are just expected to make our own excuses for it, it's luck, they weren't aiming at her blah blah blah, well sorry, but rubbish. Any other character stuck in there with just a blaster and everyone would be like how the f**k did they survive but because it's Padme, we are supposed to just take it with a dose of salts.

Even if she did get shot, she probably would have just fallen over and taken a nap until a Clone Trooper told her it was time to go...

HAHAAHAHAHAH, good one!:D :D :D :D

I think this question is best answered, like a lot of them, when you look at how that scene was supposed to look. Even if it doesn't make sense that she was a part of the circle like a jedi, it would have looked real corny if she was cowering in the middle. Padme is supposed to have a strong will, and that is enough to keep her alive in a movie.

A good point Jedi Monk....i was pretty sure that she was kind towards the center while fighting, giving the Jedi a better chance at saving her.

We are just expected to make our own excuses for it, it's luck, they weren't aiming at her blah blah blah, well sorry, but rubbish

Of course we make our excuses...gives us something to do when we're not watching Star Wars....:D

What you mean there's times you're not watching Star Wars? :eek:

The stills I have from that scene is when Count Dooku ordered the battledroids to stop firing, Padme is then near the edge of the circle and you can see Aayla Secura, Ki Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon being led to the circle by Geonosians. At that time it would relatively 'safer' for her to venture near the edge of the circle, especailly if there's a chance of reasoning/bargaining with Count Dooku.

(Which she probably wouldn't do, like Mace Windu also chose to not surrender.)

At other times you can see she does seek a more sheltered position during the fight. (E.g. behind the thrown-over sled.)

The picture I have is during the heat of the fire fight, blaster shots a plenty, Jedi blocking like mad, Padme standing on the edge of the circle with no protection. No way you can tell me not one of the many thousands of blaster shots isn't going to hit her!! I will try and find a similar picture on the net and post a link. ;)

I see your point lexx.

However in the picture you posted Padme is about 2 or 3 feet further to the middle than Anakin to her right and Mace Windu to her left. The way she's positioned between and just a few feet rear of them would put her in their lightsaber's protective arc. Considering what skilled sowrdsmen and fighters Anakin and -especially- Mace Windu are she'd be 'somewhat safe enough'.

Padme Amidala will be brutally murdered in the next film by Darth Sidious just after he has revealed himself to be the real Palpatine. I feel a decapitation coming on...

On the picture, you can see that Padme is between Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker, and the gap between the two Jedi is wide enough to be bridged by a single Lightsaber blade. Maybe a few shots did go at Padme, but with Mace and Anakin blocking so furiously then they would have been deflected. Plus, Padme is such a skilled warrior that she could just duck... hmmm, no, that would not work...

Oh, hell... just strike her down with Dark Side Lightning!

I CAN SEE THE FUTURE, AND THE FUTURE IS THE DARK SIDE!!!

The picture I have is during the heat of the fire fight, blaster shots a plenty, Jedi blocking like mad, Padme standing on the edge of the circle with no protection.

Why don't you just upload it to the internet? Or, if it's in a book and you can't scan it, tell us what book it's in.

Also, Padme's not going to be murdered in SW3. Natalie has said that her character will be pregnant through most of the movie so that sets the timeframe fairly firmly... she has to live long enough for Leia to be able to remember her or else that bit of dialogue from RotJ is scrap.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Nah, I can't be arsed to scan it, post it, blah blah blah, I'm not that desperate to prove my point. I think the picture I linked to is close enough. If you guys think she is being protected...fair enough but I don't. Just watch out for it next time you see the film. ;)

Archived