Home

Model Scaling MOD released !

Tchouky

Well in my botmatches I couldn't get the scaling to work --while everything else in the mod worked-- but I really don't give a damn at the moment as long as Yoda and the next version of Vader are properly scaled when they're released.

In answer to those folks who can't get anything to happen, I'm guessing you're unzipping the .zip file with WinZip right? Well, you have to MAKE SURE you have Use Folder Names ticked when you extract to ...\GameData. It's a very easy mistake to make, I did it several times when I was a wee lad. If that doesn't work, then it's something big and nasty and technical and I can't really help you :p

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to youse the source and I found some interesting issues:

the precision is restricted to 1.X

2. the qvm file does probably not work because you do not youse a buffer for your file. Or exactly: your buffer has the size of 1!

you

use char* buf;

it must be

char buf[MAX_SIZE]; in order to work corectly with trap_FS_read();

trap_FS_read allocates no own buffer I think. That curses the QVM to fail

I cannot insert your code into mine: *HOIL*

You Do Have to have the patch 1.03 cause I would start the Mod but MP wouldn't start, then I downloaded the patch and The Mod and MP worked after that. :fett:

"What if he doesn't survive; he's worth alot to me"

Very cool mod! Although in your read-me it says that the smaller the character, the smaller the lightsaber. I keep getting a guy about Yodas size (0.6) which is good, but he has a saber the same size as a regular sized player (1.0). Any help?

Havokidm,

Yeah, he had to scratch the Lightsaber Size-Changes due to some collision errors. He meant to take it out of the ReadMe.

DarthFreak (possibly) and anyone else having similar problems,

I know one common mistake you can make with the installation is taking the files out of the tck folder by copying them into the gamedata folder.

You have to put the tck folder (you know, the yellow/manilla envelope icon) with it's contents into the gamedata folder.

-Not just the files inside the folder, but the actual folder-

From there (inside the tck folder) the startbat will find JK2MP in the gamedata folder.

This is likely to be the problem if you get the "cannot find JK2MP" error.

Just thought that might help a few people.

Great mod. Great fun.

-nomad

MTFBWY

here is a copy of my post for where to get the fixed version

I fixed tchouky's model scaling mod so that all of it works as a pk3 now. I also doubled the maximum file size for the cfg file and removed the limits on the sizes of the mdoels. I'm not really sure why he had those limits in there so it might mess something up, but I played without the limits and reelo at size 0.2 is funny

Here's the url.

http://www.8op.com/dest123/tck.zip

I as well got the latest version but it still no work. Even if i put the 0's after their scale number it still no work. It aint gonna be cool little YODA big saber i repeat NOT COOL. I need real sugestions, not just it worked 4 me. I don't mean to sound rude and such, but dude i've been at this th epast 24hrs tryin to scale these d@mn sabers down and it won't work.

Maybe this will help you, this is my autoexec.cfg in the Jedimod directory.

seta tck_saber 1

seta tck_dualcolor 1

seta tck_red1 75

seta tck_green1 0

seta tck_blue1 170

seta tck_red2 0

seta tck_green2 110

seta tck_blue2 145

seta g_botdoublesaber 0

seta g_enabledoublesaber 1

seta g_enableextended 1

seta mod_dualsaber 1

seta mod_nerfbs 1

seta mod_blockThrow 1

seta mod_scaleModels 1

seta mod_nerfspin 1

seta mod_dualblade 1

seta mod_multilduels 1

seta mod_scaleSabers 1

Without this, the scaling of the sabers also doesn't work, at least I think.... ( I'm no expert on this )

Archived