Home

Beta testers???!!!

Norin Radd

Yea good question.

Normaly we know way before if we are in or not like happen for me for EverQuest.

I recive a e-mail telling me i was in Beta Phase 2.0 and the same day i recive from the post a CD phase 1.0 lol i got so happy.

And phase 2.0 was 2 months later.

bloodrayne_031802_299.jpg

"The blood on my hands is merely proof of my ambition"

[1MAN]BloodRayne Co-Leader of [1MAN]JK2

Originally posted by Sith Inquisitor

I applied to be a Beta tester, and I haven't heard anything yet. Supposedly, Beta testing commences on July 17th. Isn't the game supposed to be out in August?

I WISH! :D

sorry man.. but the game comes out in December/.... bummer hah?

nope.. i havent heard anything either.

Well, on the release date... it's more like this: They promised that it will be out 2002. It would look bad if it comes out 2003 (plus, missing out on the pre-x-mas market is unpleasant for the marketing team). The December date is a 'worst case scenario' release date. If things goes well in beta, it migth be sooner. But yes, it is good to think of it as the release date. That means that if they release it in novermber, it's a very pleasant surprise!

EDIT: and dudehead, if the game is released later in europe, just buy it abroad and play on US servers until we get some here. No biggie.

Well, I must admit that I am a little apprehensive about this game in terms of it's functionality. MMORPG's are notorious for starting out poorly. This is why I am glad they plan to launch the Beta early, so that they can enact fixes via feedback from players. It would be a travesty if Galaxies launched as disastrously as World War 2 Online did. :D

Well, I don't know. What releases, lately, have been unplayable? WW2Online and AO. What does these have in common? They are both games with only one server (at least they were at the release). Ok, a cluster of servers, but still, one universe for all players. What releases have been quite smooth? Well, games like Dark Age of Camelot. DAoC have many servers.

SWG won't have one universal server cluster. It will have many. So there's one less worry. The other danger is that almost none of the promised features will be in the game. Thats why WW2Online sucked so bad, according to my friends who actually played it. Since the devs this far have been very open, and already warns us that vehicles might not be in the initial release, I don't think it's a problem. It's a problem when you buy the box, and don't get what you thought you payed for. It's not a problem when you know what's not there, and when you'll get it.

So, if the devs keep up what they do right now, I guess only mindless hyping can kill SWG's release (AO's release, for instance, would not have been a problem if it wasn't for the unexpected hype)

*knocks on wood*

hmmm... well it's pretty hyped for me :) ... i saw the movies, now what the game can be, what i've seen it wil offer... owning a house, a starship, vehicles on the ground (will u be able to take these with u to other planets?), being a bounty hunter, smuggler, entertainer... just doing all the stuff i like about Star wars... and i like mmorpg's.... all of this combined gives this game great expectations from me and so far i have confidence in the devs they'll deliver the goods, when not immediately, after some patches the game will be fiiiiiiiiinnnnneee :)

BS!!!! :p i'm wanna test this game if it's good or not, i wanna play this game, i'll buy it even if i haven't had the chance to play it and everyone says it sucks.. i'll just play mu free month then, but i'll play, being the sw die hard I am :)

wow, looking back I realize how long it's been since UOs launch. I'm sure that by now MMORPGs have progressed slightly;). I remember that one of the main early problems with UO was the lag, which should be fine for SWG if you have broadband. if not, the Devs are frowning on 56kers and it will probably not be nearly as fun :(.

Originally posted by ewok hunter

wow, looking back I realize how long it's been since UOs launch. I'm sure that by now MMORPGs have progressed slightly;). I remember that one of the main early problems with UO was the lag, which should be fine for SWG if you have broadband. if not, the Devs are frowning on 56kers and it will probably not be nearly as fun :(.

It sucks to have a 28.8 connection. I probably won't be playing this game.

Archived