Home

Jango died from MECHANICAL FAILURE!

winner_rex

True true. I just figure that Lucas decided that the only thing that could really stand up to a jedi (person to person) would be another Jedi (Dark Jedi, Sith, or whatever). The Bounties are supposed to be excellent fighters, at least the ones that manage to survive and make a name for themselves, like Jango and Boba. But most likely they didn't make a name for themselves by killing Jedi but by killing/capturing non-force sensitive people (like Han Solo).

Kryllith

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mez1109

Most SW fans love the Fett characters, we try to make them the worst enemy of the Jedi, and also a Jedi bounty hunter, but unfortunetly for some Lucas did not make the Fetts very good at killing hte Jedi, maybe he thought that it makes the Jedi look weak.

I think the Fetts should have been made enemy number one of the Jedis, and allowed Jango to kill a few Jedi, so it made it more of a challange for the Jedis to beat him, as a VERY GOOD ENEMY MAKES THE HERO EXELLENT.

Enemy #1 of the Jedi's are "The Sith"

Also Jedis use the force to give them an edge in battle, but we all know, that the force only lasts so long for each Jedi, and no Jedi can continuesly block laser shots, and has to be specially good as a Jedi just to block laser shots comeing from every directions.

Still give the Jedis also some credit, as a laser shot travels at the speed of light, that obviously is very fast, but as Jedis can see a few moments in the future (some can see even further), it allows them to block the laser shots earlier as the Jedi knows where the laser shot is going to hit.

What if five shots were fired at different angles at a Jedi, at the same time? Well Not even Mace Windu could stop that.:D

Very good mez I agree with your explination you gave about blocking lazer shots.

I was about to post saying somewhat what you said.:thumbsup:

jango jet pack wouldnt work becuase... MACE BONDED WITH THE CREATURE AND HAD IT ATTACK HIM. mechanical failure? mechanical failute you say? well yes mechanical failure brought on by being trampled by that 3 horned creature. therefor it is really mace windu's doing. ATHANK YOU VERY MUCHA!

The Mace-Jango fight was a lot longer than what we saw. So, Jango originally didn't die that easily against Mace. Also the scenes in the Arena with the Jedi showed more of them fighting. There were 200 after all. Perhaps we'll get to see the rest on the DVD.

I like the fact that Mace killed Jango easily and that Obi-Wan was more than a match for Jango. It showed the power of the Jedi. Also the fact that Jango had Obi-Wan in close quarters in his room could have grabbed him and snapped his neck. The fact that he didn't showed his fear of Jedi. I mean think about it, one Jedi shows up and he decides to run for his life. A real bounty hunter would have killed Obi-Wan(to cover his tracks) and then ran.

Originally posted by Hannibal

Also the fact that Jango had Obi-Wan in close quarters in his room could have grabbed him and snapped his neck. The fact that he didn't showed his fear of Jedi. I mean think about it, one Jedi shows up and he decides to run for his life. A real bounty hunter would have killed Obi-Wan(to cover his tracks) and then ran.

Just because we dont see the Jedi fighting hand to hand doesnt meant hat they would easily be killed by a bounty hunter by snapping his neck. We saw Obi-Wan fighting Jango saberless more than with his saber. Obi wan was kicking Jangos butt hand to hand saber less. Jango had to rely on his gadgets to get the upper hand on a SABERLESS Obi-Wan.

T Also the fact that Jango had Obi-Wan in close quarters in his room could have grabbed him and snapped his neck. The fact that he didn't showed his fear of Jedi. I mean think about it, one Jedi shows up and he decides to run for his life. A real bounty hunter would have killed Obi-Wan(to cover his tracks) and then ran.

Meant to reply to this early but my comp froze and then I forgot about it. Ah well. Simple point, I think a bounty hunter (especially a humanoid one) would have a lot of problems engaging hand-to-hand with a Jedi. We're talking about people with the foresight (and henceforth, the reaction speed) to block laser blasts. They should have no problem blocking punches or evading/countering grapples...

Kryllith

There is no way Jango would have won against any Jedi in battle obviously, still he is a very crap bounty hunter.

WHY?

Jango could have killed Obi Wan or Anakin during the city scene, but he killed his partner instead.

At least Jango got to kill one Jedi within the arena scene, I don't care how he achieved to kill that Jedi, if it was just luck or God just hated that Jedi, he is dead, full stop.

:D

But killing Obiwan or Anakin would have been signing his own death warrant. Killing a Jedi would obviously make you a target for all other Jedi, and had Jango not killed Zam, she would have told them who Jango was, where he lived, etc. etc. Jango lived a lot longer by just killing Zam

Very true, NEVER thought of it in that respect.

Jango could have used an explosive arrow, I am not trying to kill Obi Wan or Anakin, but Jango is, he is after all a very well known bounty hunter, if he can't think of this, then what use is he.

There are several non human Aliens within the SW Universe, and as we find out in EP1, they have very fast reflexes, can not be mind tricked, and physically strong, if Jango has an Alien as a target, will he be worried that his friends might put a contract on him, or has it already happened to him in this line of business?

Jango could have at least tried to blow up Anakin and Obi, but as they are very good Jedi and the heroes of the story, they would have jumped out of the way in the nick of time, but for some reason I don't think George Lucas likes to make the Fetts good fighters.

I am not saying that Jango should kill Mace Windu, or break Mace's arm, but at leat he can try very hard, I think that anyone could have done more damage then Jango, if Jedi or Not, Jango should look for a new job.

If Jango was a Jedi, GL would have made him so rubbish that he could light saber the back side of an elephant.

Originally posted by jessman233

How about this fellas. Take it any way you want to and leave it alone. Geez, I didn't know people had to disect every friggin part of these movies.

You don't like it when people discuss the movies in detail?

How appropriate of you to be a part of these forums.

Good choice!!

What a collosal waste of time.

You're my new hero.

You don't like it when people discuss the movies in detail?

How appropriate of you to be a part of these forums.

Good choice!!

What a collosal waste of time.

You're my new hero.

I look at your avatar and I can see mace saying that:)

Originally posted by mez1109

Very true, NEVER thought of it in that respect.

Jango could have used an explosive arrow, I am not trying to kill Obi Wan or Anakin, but Jango is, he is after all a very well known bounty hunter, if he can't think of this, then what use is he.

You fail to understand, that if Jango kills ANY jedi...he suddenly becomes a target for all other jedi. When he killed Zam he had two jedi who were trying to find him. Had he killed BOTH anakin and obiwan...there would have been 20 or more Jedi trying to find him. And those 20 Jedi would try to capture him for questioning, but if that failed, they would not hesitate to kill him. killing only zam was the best solution he had. If obiwan hadn't known Dex, who knew where his poisoned dart came from, then Obiwan would never have found kamino, because Dooku had already erased it from the archive memory.

Ok so Jango might be skilled bounty hunter, but going up against a jedi and you're going down whoever you are.

If he had try to kill Anakin or Obi-Wan with the dart, they would have sensed it. They didn't sense it because it was intended for Jango's partner, so there was no danger to them.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

You fail to understand, that if Jango kills ANY jedi...he suddenly becomes a target for all other jedi. When he killed Zam he had two jedi who were trying to find him. Had he killed BOTH anakin and obiwan...there would have been 20 or more Jedi trying to find him. And those 20 Jedi would try to capture him for questioning, but if that failed, they would not hesitate to kill him. killing only zam was the best solution he had. If obiwan hadn't known Dex, who knew where his poisoned dart came from, then Obiwan would never have found kamino, because Dooku had already erased it from the archive memory.

And I think if Jango would had tried to kill the Jedi instead of Zam he would had died in the next scene. I am sure both Obi-Wan and Anakin are powerful enough in the force to sense the near-future for themselfs. Of course the Jedi cant be aware of every persons future, but if Jango would had threaten the Jedi life, they would had forseen it, and thus would had avoided the darts from Jango, and captured him afterwards easily.

Originally posted by SivyB

Ok so Jango might be skilled bounty hunter, but going up against a jedi and you're going down whoever you are.

If he had try to kill Anakin or Obi-Wan with the dart, they would have sensed it. They didn't sense it because it was intended for Jango's partner, so there was no danger to them.

Jedi sense danger, period. Not if it's just coming at them(you're thinking of spiderman). How do you think they protect other people.

But I believe you are right. They weren't focusing on protecting Zam(not really using the force) so it would be easy for the dart to get by them.

Archived