Home

Pull BackStab Questoins?????

CheshireKat

Sorry, I know this has been asked a hundred times, but I've just started playin JK2 again.

See, I spend most of my time modeling for it, but since I started playing again, I noticed that more often than not you join a server and the whole game is a Pull BS fest.

Originally I started Modelling fro JK2 because I loved to play it, and Im a big SW fan, but I'm finding it hard to do another model now, because Im having no fun on these servers, and MP is where it's at for me.

So I was just wondering if there's been any news on a fix for this or not?

I really want to do more models for the game, but it's too hard to make models for a game you don't play.

Anyone?

I don't think it's going to be 'fixed', per se...at least not by Raven.

You can, however, play various mods that have balanced things out...and you can also play no-force servers.

Personally, I've started playing JKII again, and enjoying it, by finding a group of people who are level-headed enough NOT to resort to those tactics constantly.

But, if you go out in public, rest assured you are going to get nothing but endless pulls and backstabs. Most folks aren't concerned with having a good fight, they are only concerned with winning.

Also, see the thread titled "Protection from Backstab" for some thoughts on defending against it.

Well, thanks for the answer. I was mostly curious to know if Raven had adressed the issue.

Personally Im not upr for defending against it. I have some methods, but It's just too irriatating to be honest.

Perhaps it's time to go back to Wolf....

Originally posted by RahnDelSol

I agree, it's irritating.

When you fight someone, and get:

Pull

Pull

Pull

Pull

Pull (you finally fall)

Rapid-spinning backslash

And nothing else...

Yeah, that's just dumb.

Pull (I absorb)

Pull (I absorb)

Pull (I absorb)

Pull (I absorb)

Pull (I absorb and don't fall)

Rapid-spinning backslash (never gets to that point, I usually kick them after the first failed pull attempt)

But what do I know; I'm just a silly n00b who doesn’t fall for the same attack, predictably repeated over and over...

Man, I'm such a lame stand-up-no-fall-down-whore.

I'm using a mod that is just the straight up source code for the server - nothing else changed.

If you get on my server that's a good indicator what is planned for a (pending) patch.

For now any server admin can download the pk3 and toss it on his server, just a if though he patched the game.

Give my server a try.

I wrote a forum post on it on my server forum.

See sig for all info.

It's all about finding the right server. Just randomly hoping on and hoping for the best just won't do any more. A lot of people are concerned solely with frags and such, and don't really have a care for the finesse to be found in the saber. If you can find a good server, though, with good people, you will find that cheap tactics, like the pull/backstab manuever are near non-existent. The focus is on fun and tactics, not the score.

I, personally, play on only one server, simply because the people there are great, the admins are pretty much always on, and I the server fits my own preferences quite nicely (no force, no saber throw, no weapons, just plain ol' saber skills). But I'm sure if you look that you can find a great server that fits your personal tastes and desires from the game.

I run the Vulcanis Adminmod, which is basically the 1.04 source code with extra admin commands, and multiple player duel ability. No download required so just jump right on in.

To put it simply my server really does play like saber combat should of been in the first place. You only get knocked downl from push and pull if your open to attack, or if your power is lower than your opponenets, and backsweep spamming is no more. You see a backsweep on my server now it was done in taste, and if not, then you'll easily be able to pummel your opponent without wasting much time getting around it. The 1.04 source has many good changes that I"m sure you'll be happy about come on by.

KnightHawk's Saber Only FFA - 206.169.69.25:28070

http://jk2.lowgrav.org

- T1 Connection

- Saber Only of course

- Lightning disabled

- Vulcanis Adminmod /w SDK compiled sourcecode changes

- No download required to play mod

- Running user made maps

- Server currently supports 60+ skins

- Player statistics, downloads and more available at website

It's all about finding the right server. Just randomly hoping on and hoping for the best just won't do any more

Exactly, With the All Seeing eye you can get loads of servers, ones that the ingame server finder doesn't get,cos usually the ingame server finder is filled with backsatb whores, in decent servers from q-tracker and the all-seeing eye and things you get decent people woh don't want to just pull backstab you.

Whiners and people who are going back to 1.02 and using 1.04 mod are mostly don't even try to look for a decent server and after they cna't find what they want go on a rampant spree of saying how lame backstab is.

Archived