Home

Wip : Snowtrooper

Kururin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided not to have the pouches since most of the reference pics HapSlash sent me dont have them. But I think it's ready for UVmapping but are there any more suggestions before uvmapping.

http://www.geocities.com/bobafett10186/Snow_torso.txt

Also if anybody knows how to UVmap so it will be faster than having me taking forever cause I've never done it before. I'm hoping to have this done before two weeks from now.

One of the major problems I have with the model is with the gauntlets, The snowtrooper costume doesn't really have gauntlets, but rather just forearm gaurds. You might want to try something a bit more like this example.

I would add the pouches like you had before, but they should hang below the belt rather than on it, not nearly as thick, and spaced farther apart,...

The helmet looks good, It shouldn't flare out in the back though. The visor could be shaped differently, but it's close. Here's what I mean,...example

I would also decrease the width of the entire head, including the facemask, by about 10%

The reason that some of the snowtroopers don't have pockets is because they're officers. Actually in most of the pics I have the snowtroopers do have pockets,...

One other thing I'll mention is the fact that the chestplate and backpack are missing details that would be extremely difficult to just skin on,... you might want to think about making them a bit more detailed.

great model. cant wait to see a skin.

(off topic begin)

but you seem to be good with the helmets and guys in armour so

in response to the red guys idea,

why not do a red guard. but no the one that luke was wearing, and not exactley the guys in capes but their leader, THIS!!!!

http://www.darkhorse.com/products/zones/z_starwars/zp_profile/fr_series/bc_swce/sku_47718/index.html

it is the crimson guard (as seen in background) but that picture exsposes what is under the long cape and his is even torn at the back but that part isnt totally neccesary and I know womeone is doing the crimson guard but they arent showing the armour under the cape/robe

(off topic end)

The model is looking great and i am impressed at the amount of work done after that minor misshap

However what is even better is the fact that u are updating on the forum alot which is great for people like me who need to be informed as much as possible and are sick of looking at a forum day in day out without any updates.

I have a suggestion to make. Now that you have done this twice, why don't you double save it every time. i.e.:

Click file save and name it snow.

Then put file save as and name it snow2.

Then If you accidentally save over it you could open the other one. You just put in too much work to lose it over a silly mistake like this.

Archived