Home

Scenarios. The death of SWGB on the zone?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

I believe this is going to be the case. Too many rubbish scenarios are taking up space in the RM (Random Map) room and should be in the Scenario room.

RM'ers are finding it difficult to play their games now and are turning their backs on playing on the zone. Something that causes me concern.

Everyone is entitled to play their games - but in the correct rooms and it would be nice to see people from here lead the way.

With Scenarios, I have found so many reworkings of 'Senate' , 'fort blood' - which i like but someone else has re-worked it so the host has a massive advantage, meaning that even playing the game is a waste of time.

Once the new look GB.com is up and running, I will focus alot on online playing as I am getting a little upset with the emails I get from people saying that they wont play online due to the Scenario guys taking up room in the RM room.

On a trip to the zone, out of the 51 rooms - 38 were scenarios. Naturally I will be seeing what the zone can do to help.

Views welcome.

DMUK

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a big supporter of this cause. DarthMaulUK speaks for many people when he speaks and has a firm grasp on the community in general. I am the founder of one of the still active clans and would like Lucas Arts to do anything it can do to make the online gaming experience more enjoyable for those whom have bought and play its products on The Zone.

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

Respectfully,

Chimaera_JAB

http://www.chimaeraclan.net

I don't know wether it's LA or the Zone but this game is dieing because of the way it is hosted on the zone.

Lots of small things make lead to a poor gaming experiance. The biggest problem is Death Match and Scenario games in the Random Map Room. There are separate rooms for these games styles but they are either too stupid or too lazy and decided to use the Random Map room.

Another problem is how the Restore rooms don't work. This isn't a huge problem but what's the point in having rooms that don't work?

No rated rooms is another mystery. Most RTS games on the zone have rated rooms. But SWGB made on the same game engine as AOK doesn't have rated. Rated rooms is a must it keeps players competitive and makes the less good players want to learn so they can get higher scores.

The rooms are too small. They need to make a 75 game rooms. This wouldn't be a problem if Death match and scenario games where in there own room.

They way to fix this would be too fix the rooms so you can only launch RM games in RM rooms and DM games in DM. It's been done in AoK and is the answer for this game. This is first priority. We also need the Restore and rated rooms fixed but that's another matter....

AU_Andy_Ewok

Yes i agree with this all. I know there are many more people who want the Scenarios (particulary) and DM games out of RM Rooms. Personally i dont have a problem with the DM games and dont mind a scenario or two myself but now its just ridiculous.

Im sure many other people share these views but they just cant be bothered to voiice their opinions :)

i think they should play in the ohter pescifiv rooms.

i play scenario too but evryone always plays them in the rm room.

so im stuck playing scenarios in the rm room too.

if i could play them in a scenario room i would

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF ALL WAS SO EASY

WHY NONE WOULD SUFFER IN THIS WORLD

“zidane in i want to be youre candery (final fantasy 9)”

agree

í have try to confince popole at the zone for a week but thay dident lissen.

at the end of the week i was angry about it and i treid to boycott

rooms whitout sucses maxsimum was 5 and the members+ did not alow it

so i gess this problem wil never get soleved!:rolleyes:

Scenarios. The death of SWGB on the zone?

Sounds more like a polemic than a real problem :p

Maximum players i ever seen at this game must be somethin like 600.

Theres 30 SWGB rooms (18 SWGB, 12 CC) without trialversion rooms

51 tables per rooms.

51 x 30 ... 1530 ;)

I dont really care how the room is called, *Rm*, *Dm*, *Gallactic Tyranny* as long as i can play.

Even though, i m trying to play in dm rooms now.

Peace.

l7arius

It's more annoying than anything. When you go into a Random Map room and you see a Hero or Jedi Fest, an RPG, a Senate game (don't even get me started on these), or someone farting around in a room and locking it so no one else can use it while they hold it for 5 hours.

For example, at 1:15pm US Eastern Time, there were 7 rooms out of 51 that were random map rooms. All the others were filled. The others were filled with Senates, Jedi/Sith Fests, Cronoball, RPGs and a couple of Manhunts...

Why is it so hard for these people to go to a Scenario room?

I find it more fun to play the computer these day. And at least the computer doesn't do this in the set up room....

Moron: 9

I'm done venting... for now.

well, i've had enough of it too. i am going out to buy a new game tomorrow. it's just not worth the time and aggrevation to find an RM game with all the BS scenarios and DMers crowding the RM room. i'm also tired of people locking themselves in rooms just to show the world they have room #1.

i really like the game and i have lots of friends from SWGB but if it stops being fun, then i'm not playing. i may drop by once in a while, but pretty much this is it for me.

for all of you who i have gotten to know, i hope i will see you in other games. my free time will be better spent learning to play a game that i can actually enjoy online.

why dont we all sign a pentiton saying that we want the screanioro people to go in there rooms and the random map people go in there room thats how easy it can be solved but know they have to keep on doing to annoy people if i was you i would just not join there game and take the mick saying there map is crap.or all of the members here at lucas forums could hog all the rooms for hours and hours and say we aint giving them up until the gameroom hoggers go away

Guest DarthMaulUK

I have been trying over the past few days to get people into the Scenario rooms to play their games

To some extent, it worked - managed to get around 20 in there the other day - a room record!

I did notice a few in there yesterday and the DM'ers are starting to use their room (well done guys). However, I had a major debate with a Scenario player and they just couldn't get it into their head.

They claim that RM'ers should move to another room which enraged me and after speaking to Matthew Keast (lead test on this game) even he is upset by whats going on.

It is all zone politics - Lucasarts must have upset Microsoft for whatever reason but the bottom line is that the community is suffering.

I appeal to every single GB.com member who plays on the zone - PLEASE make the effort to play in the correct rooms. If you want to play a Scenario game, host it in the Scenario room but advertise it in the RM room. People will move over and more will if we all do are part.

I am sick of the selfish attitude being taken by some. RM'ers can't get a game in their room and this is wrong. New players and even new members have signed to this forum just to vent their anger.

Being a zone + now I am allowed to ask people to move, and I am working on removing people who host Scenario/DM games in the RM room.

We are a community - lets act like one.

DMUK

this is grt new and i think we should make a team dedicated to getting people to go in the right rooms and we can boycott the rooms to show them what its like i would like to join forces with you darth maul on this matter if you think this is a good idea email me seniorure@hotmail.com or privite me or post back in this forumm

we can do it if we work together

i think online petition is the best idea, boycotting will not do anything you will just get booted by some +mplus, we have already started losing members and surely there are more to go.

giantcorn, tho i only played one game with u im sure everyone will miss someone of your skill ^^

DMUK, i know you are putting in alot of effort into this website and this game, and alot of people appreciate it. but maybe the next time you talk to Keast about the game, you need to remind him that by the time they fix the zone problems, there will be no more RM players left.

part of the reason i am giving up is i know at least a dozen other high inter/expert players who are now playing other RTS games and not SWGB. not because the other games are better, but because we can't find a game on the zone.

when an expert, someone who has put the most time into learning and playing this game, quits because the zone is joke, there are some serious problems. i think i was one of the most dedicated players out there for almost a year, and even i've had enough.

Keast and other LA people may not be bothered by 10-15 people leaving the zone, but they should be concerned. we were the first players on the zone, we formed the community, first posted on all the forums, and were the backbone of SW online. as we move on to other games, other players will follow us, and this community and this game will slowly die.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I was hoping that with the release of the patch, the rooms will get the coding needed to make the correct games slot into the correct rooms.

It doesnt look like it will :-(

I did speak to him briefly about it but he I doubt he can do much. I will email my marketing contact at LA to see if they can get some response from Garry Gaber or anyone from their tech department.

Either way, this childish behaviour from both LA & MSN Zone has to stop. Garry Gaber showed us a new direction from LA in terms of listening to the community, lets hope it continues.

DMUK.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I have emailed LA and I will keep my fingers crossed. If I don't get much joy, I will email Garry Gaber and hopefully he can help. Lets face it, he is a fan of the game and plays it.

This is what I have said:

'Hi heather.

This is really a matter for Garry Gaber and it would be great if you could forward this to him.

On the MSN ZONE, they have rooms for each type of game for SWGB. RM, DM, Scenarios. However, currently, all the Scenario guys flood into the RM room - leaving no room to play RM games.

Rm'ers are quitting this game in their dozens and I am getting emails and posts on our forum about how unhappy RMers are becoming with this whole situation.

As a MSN ZONE moderator, I am trying to get people to play in the correct rooms - a slow process and I feel by the time I succeed, there will be no RM left.

Example. One day, from 51 rooms, 38 were scenarios, 5 DMs, a handful of RMs and a few were locked, so no one could play.

I dont know what LA have done to upset MSN Zone, or vice versa but someone has to act and I believe and hope that Garry could be the 'Knight in Shinning Armour'!

You guys MUST communicate with the ZONE to get this matter sorted out for the sake of the shrinking community. Come on, show us you really do care :-)))

Thanks for your time.'

DMUK

Hey people.

Though I am a newcomer to the Zone SWGB community, I still strongly support DarthMaul UK's cause. These scenario and death match people need to be sorted out or the game will die, and the people in charge.... whoever they are... need to be convinced to do something!!!

If there's anything I can do to help you, please tell me.

Thanks for bringing this up, it is a very important topic.

Archived