Home

Scenarios. The death of SWGB on the zone?

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarthMaulUK

You can't count scenarios as a competitive game. So, the game will have lots of scenario players. It doesnt take long before people get bored of the 'Senate', Jedi fest and other naff scenarios out there.

And lets face it, most of them can't make their own scenarios - they just hash up other peoples work and give themselves (the host) increased attack and hit points, making the whole experience a waste of time.

DMUK.

Well Well, Rm is kinda dead aldready but is there any way you can use your authority and talk to some of the more Official +pluses DMUK and get them to change the settings so only RM games in RM rooms (i heard this was possible in AoC which is same engine as GB)

Guest DarthMaulUK

I was kinda hoping that the rooms who have been changed when the patch came out - since the MSN Zone tech team were already sorting the patch out....they didnt add the code needed.

Still, a few of us have some ideas up our sleeves...check MFO.

DMUK

I used to play CC/SWGB all the friggin time I personally enjoy pure random maps/dm's not all these custom made scenarios!!!!!!

END IT... At least go to a different room for Custom Games and RM in the other... I've actually gone back to STARCRAFT just to get the feel of hectic true RTS build/conquer feel.

In Senate games the host has the ability to produce unlimited units for free, so everyone else is trusting the host to be nice and not wipe everyone out instantly. While playing those games so that I could ruin them, fun became so scarce that I would resort to putting the Jedi Council into the "dissappear box" to obtain some amusement.

~~SiTh_PoVveIZs~~DM ExPErt~~

As a DM player its a different view for me. I've been playing SWGB on zone for over 1 year now and hoping to play this game online until it dies. But as I read all these posting I can remenber back to the old days when they had the rooms called "Galactic Tranny" etc...and now that we have these "DM, RM, and Scenario rooms" things have changed. I wouldnt mind going in my room (DM room)...but to tell u the truth it isnt fun playin in the chat room with yourself....now dont get me wrong..ive tried many times to get peeps to follow me into the DM rooms and it sometimes works..but only that day..and then the next day once again 0 peeps are in the room.:mad: and I don't think I should have to go threw the trouble of getting peeps in the DM room everyday...its a waste of my time and i could care less :D. I come on the zone to play the game and not to worry about what room im in... :p. It also seems to me like the most peeps who are complaining are the RMers I think they should'nt worry about it..its just a game guys..you should just not worry about whats going on...if RMers feel unhappy then you allways got that RM room 2 open :D. As long as im play on zone I will continue to go the RM room until DM players go to the DM room.:)

:flamethro:~~PoVveIZs~~:swear:

My suggestion would originally have been that all we RM'ers move across en masse to another room, (scenarios room would appeal to my sense of justice/humour!) but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that this would not work.

These are my reasons.

The main reason all the Scen. trolls go into the RM room is that there are lots of people in them. They see the '191 players' listing, they think (if that's the right word) 'Ah- more people- more chance of finding an opponent- I'll go in there'. What they fail to recognise is that, as has already been stated in this thread, if they all went into the Scen. room as they should, there would indeed be more _relevant_ people there in that room, i.e. people who want to play scenarios.

Now if we all move into another room, all the trolls will simply see the higher numbers in the room we have moved to, and follow us there like flies follow sh1t. We could then move back, and they'd follow us again. And so on. It doesn't occur to them that they'd find more scen. players willing to play if they went to the right room. These are brainless plods we are talking about here! :)

Now when I visit the RM room, there are always loads of people 'looking'. These folks are waiting to play a game, probably a RM game as they're in the RM room. If they wanted a scenario, they'd be in the games like a shot (there are certainly enough to choose from !! :().

So what I think I'll do is to go into another room (SCENARIOS!!!!), host a game, and advertise in the RM room. Hopefully some of the 'Waiting' players in RM room would come across to play. Yes, the trogs would follow but by the time they got there the game would have begun. It is possible to have two room windows open simultaneously, say RM and Scen. If more of us did that, we could switch between rooms no problem. Certainly, whenever I've hosted a RM game, the game has filled up very quickly. The players are there, it's just finding the space to meet and play that's the problem.

It would be even better if, as another forumer has suggested above, the Zone reset the room titles to the old 'Sith Lords', 'Jedi Masters', 'Rebel Alliance' and 'Galactic Tyranny', though. The trolls would still go to the highest populated room, but at least we RM'ers wouldn't feel as conscience-bound to stay in _our_ correct room when they force us out. This would be loads better.

DMUK, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

I agree with DarthMaul, there are way to many scenarios and DM games going on in the RM rooms on the zone. I like playing scenarios once in awhile, but usually I like to play a random map game and it's getting harder and harder to find one. I hope something is done about this.

:deathstar

In my opinion one of two things is going to happen-

1. Scenario's destroy online play

2. The incompetant retards who caused this problem in the first place will get off their butts and make it so that only random map games can be played in the random room and so on.

It would be a shame for SW:GB to die online because of the lazyness of a few people out there, and a group of people whom like to cheat and have an inability to read or understand english.

Ahh..... sith, simwiz, windu, you just can't stop arguing. It's funny, really. Every thread you're together in, it's insults and snide comments flying here, there and everywhere.

:D lol

Scenario games are getting on my nerves... I've played hero fest, jedi fest, blah blah blah, and to put it quite frankly, they are nothing compared to a good, decent, fair, enjoyable, RM game.

Even a DM (I'm not that good at them and don't like them as much as RM's) would be fine, they're good sometimes.

But RM's are the true game, what GB is all about. These hero flag ripoffs are getting old.

Sometimes, I allow, it's fun to get huge hordes of some kind of guy and tear your enemies to pieces. Sometimes. But I just enjoy RM's so much more. They're based on your real skill, your skill at playing the game, the game that LA designed, not games that other (and no offense, but not nearly as SKILLED people) have designed.

The scenario players need to be moved so GB and CC can survive as games and the majority of skilled players, RM players, will not give up and leave.

Archived