Home

The dual saber cometh

Dest

http://www.8op.com/dest123/JediMod.html - I'm seeing doubles

I'm close to adding dualsabers into the game. I have most of the server side stuff done and both of the sabers hit. The lines are red because I'm using G_TestLine since I dont have the clietnside stuff. I know there aren't really any dual saber animations but I don't care!

By the way thats not in the mod yet, I just put the pictures there because 8op denys direct picture links.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you missed the part where I said I was using G_TestLine. I haven't added in the clientside code so the actual second saber is not being drawn but the server knows it's there so you *can* hit people with your invisible 2nd saber. I'm going to add the client side code today and then you will belive me more :)

no, that's why I was looking for a coder to help me :p

but I did find out that if you substitute Tavion's stance for blue stance (or add it as a "green" stance) it looks much, much nicer.

I did that with my double saber model in SP and it looked fantastic...unfortunately only one saber was lit but since both hands were not swinging it did look like two sabers.

Here's a layout of what you need to do Dest:

1.) Get Tavion's stance in-game.

2.) Get the two-sabers being drawn working (find the variable that draws the destroyer's second blade, flip it and arc the tag to come out of a different variable location...this can be done, I know it can.)

3.) Use Tchouky's RGB mod to have two different colors.

4.) Get the damage working (obviously you have).

6.) Make it so that you stand still holding the saber with one hand instead of two.

There. Recipe for two sabers. PM me if you want the model that has two sabers in it. I'll try and make an md3 file for you if you want it. I believe we can do this 100% and I have faith in your coding friend. Let's make a double-saber mod team and have at it :p

umm..have you even downloaded his mod? g_testline is in there idiot...geez.

don't worry, you won't be laughing so hard when we really have the mod working and you're kicking yourself in the head. I already said the above lit sabers photo that I had was fake, apart from the hilts being in both hands (which is very real).

The only thing left for Dest to do is to locate the code that ignites the bottom half of the destroyer, and to change the tag which it ignites from. If he does that, then anyone can make double sabers (based off of a single double saber model, which I currently have).

Again Emon, Why are you such a prick?

G_TestLine is a valid game function in the JKII MP source code. Most of the coders on this coding forum would know that. But your not a coder are you? Why do you hang around in this forum for?

hey ppl what's up. I have the Tchouky scaling mod the RGB seems to work but the scaling part i can't get. But any ways y is there a link to DL this mod when it has no purpose with this mod, other then being uncoordinated. I don't want to sound rude but really what role does this mod play w/ your twin sabers.

Hey dest throw that mod my way so I can test it against my models and make sure you have the collision box set in the right place. also, let me know if you figure out what the ignition tag is for the destroyer's second blade, so I can change the tag on my models.

very good work. VERY good work I am incredibly impressed with you Dest. Now send me the damn mod so I can beta test it :)

Wait...got done looking at those screenshots.

OMFG you are the man. Now send me the damn mod! I have to test this out so I can make some doublesaber models!!

Congratulations buddy. Now if you could just figure out how do make the two sabers different colors with Tchouky's mod.

Archived