Home

Lucasarts won't let Raven release any more patchs?

dan123

Well probably yes, Lucas Arts don't wanna pay Raven to make another patch for them. So raven don't have the permission to do it. they have some unfinished source code tho for 1.04 but people take it as gospel thta it's what it would have been but osme serious falws tho, Lightning is disabled and things automatic killing for the person who chat killed - mena someone coudl cheat.

etc.

Originally posted by QuietSith

Actually it may just be the opposite - we should know soon.

we should know soon?

what is in the works?

I have hardly played JK2 for the last couple of months because of the patch....any change would be most welcome at this point.

sooo yall saying that 1.03 is the last patch? Well i have seen games that have been patching the game like crazy, because no game is perfect, there's always some error.. by doing this they are screwing over the jk2 community, and turning possible every1 into absorb + pull +backstabers

When the second release of the devtools came out, the source code was included and in such compiled and U104mod.pk3 was offered for download at the Massassi Temple. It was named this because the changes to the source code were made by RAVEN. But since a community member compiled it, it was called U104. U104 = Unofficial 1.04

Usually when a company releses the devtools and/or source code for a game, that is a sure sign that official patches are over. With the sc and devtools the players can mod away and make the game they want.

At this point my experience in the gaming world tells me Raven will not likely release another patch. If they do, it will most likely be a expansion pack, IE: Something we have to buy to get.

They might release another free patch, anything is possible, but I have to doubt it at this point. If they do and prove me wrong then I will gladly eat crow and applaud them for finally doing what they should have done in the first place.

Kaan

Who gives a Bantha fodder?

Play v1.03 if you can adapt.

Play a Special Olympics mod like JK2 ++ if you can't.

Seriously, with SOF2 and Quake 4 as their main concern(s) why bother.

We have the tools to do what "we" want, if the majority flock to the Special Olympic mod servers, then I guess the majority have spoken and the majority will have the game the way they like it.

If the majority of servers run v1.03 then so be it.

Play your mods and stop trying to force a weakened game down everyone’s throat because you can't avoid a simple move that everyone else does.

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

You obviousely werent around when 1.03 came out....

Kaan

Here's what I remember from that first day.. names have been changed to protect those involved from merciless flaming.

'Hey, backsweep is really cool now!'

'Alright, that move is getting a little tired Darthman.'

'Stfu, n00b. You can't touch me with your gay little pushing.'

'****ing stop doing that!' <-- that was me

'If he's gonna do it, I'm gonna do it too!' <-- at least four people said this at different times.

They all flocked to the A+P+BS banner. It's ok to use the move, but not exclusively, you know? I don't complain the first and second times a guy does it to me, but on the third time I get rather annoyed and spam him with other cheap moves. Rockets and disintegrators are excellent tools for getting rid of an A+P+BS tactician.

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

When the second release of the devtools came out, the source code was included and in such compiled and U104mod.pk3 was offered for download at the Massassi Temple. It was named this because the changes to the source code were made by RAVEN. But since a community member compiled it, it was called U104. U104 = Unofficial 1.04

Usually when a company releses the devtools and/or source code for a game, that is a sure sign that official patches are over. With the sc and devtools the players can mod away and make the game they want.

At this point my experience in the gaming world tells me Raven will not likely release another patch. If they do, it will most likely be a expansion pack, IE: Something we have to buy to get.

They might release another free patch, anything is possible, but I have to doubt it at this point. If they do and prove me wrong then I will gladly eat crow and applaud them for finally doing what they should have done in the first place.

Kaan

Yes, all they have to do is make this:

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2182.shtml

Official and that should be it.

And really it's just a matter of getting more normal 1.03 servers to run it. That's all.

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

Who gives a Bantha fodder?

Play v1.03 if you can adapt.

Play a Special Olympics mod like JK2 ++ if you can't.

Seriously, with SOF2 and Quake 4 as their main concern(s) why bother.

We have the tools to do what "we" want, if the majority flock to the Special Olympic mod servers, then I guess the majority have spoken and the majority will have the game the way they like it.

If the majority of servers run v1.03 then so be it.

Play your mods and stop trying to force a weakened game down everyone’s throat because you can't avoid a simple move that everyone else does.

SOF2 came out.. and it was all rite...

But q4 come on!! UT Ownz Quake in all possible ways, so why bother doing a game that is going to sux....

Originally posted by QuietSith

Yes, all they have to do is make this:

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2182.shtml

Official and that should be it.

And really it's just a matter of getting more normal 1.03 servers to run it. That's all.

Yeah, thats the real trick. Making it official. That would take care of more servers running it.

Kaan

Archived