Home

Double sabers cracked! Pics inside!

-Chrono_MOT-

yea, I was that guy with the single saber :p

never underestimate the power of a trained swordsman. even with two sabers (in Desann's stance) it doesn't guarantee a win-win for you. BOTH sabers do damage, and BOTH sabers swing with the arms. Do the backspin or DFA and you will see what I mean. Any move that has both arms moving uses both sabers, which BOTH do damage. Backspin is twice as lethal now because both lightsabers hit, making it difficult to hit you and making the surface area for hitting greater.

Keep desann's stance. Scrap Tavion's.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think balance really should be addressed as more complex mods come out. Think about the resizing mod. You just know every server running it is going to be full of yodas or other small characters pummeling each other. Anyone with a normal sized character will quickly be beaten to death because they're so much easier to hit. So what would be the point of resizing yoda if everyone else will be small anyway? The same could end up being true for dual sabers. What's the fun if EVERYONE will be using them? What's even the point of adding an extra stance if no one will use the single blade stances? If this isn't balanced, it could quickly go from something really cool and fun to having every dual saber server filled with n00bs spamming double backstab against each other.

At least this way I could recreate the battle how its suppose to be. Aka Dooku using two sabers vs Yoda.

dualdooku1.jpg

I dont care how long it would have been, most of the stuff they cut out of Ep2 would have been the coolest aspects. Such as the fact that Anakin actually gets pissed off and hits Dooku at one point.

Originally posted by inbredyokel

I think balance really should be addressed as more complex mods come out. Think about the resizing mod. You just know every server running it is going to be full of yodas or other small characters pummeling each other. Anyone with a normal sized character will quickly be beaten to death because they're so much easier to hit. So what would be the point of resizing yoda if everyone else will be small anyway? The same could end up being true for dual sabers. What's the fun if EVERYONE will be using them? What's even the point of adding an extra stance if no one will use the single blade stances? If this isn't balanced, it could quickly go from something really cool and fun to having every dual saber server filled with n00bs spamming double backstab against each other.

actual i just played it and it seems a lot of ppl still want to use single blade (me included) not that the 2 blades aren't great because it is, but i don't want to only use 2 blades all the time it will be boring in the end... and i tried the Yoda size... its fun to whack one of those in the big size with it and its great for hiding but that is it... i won't be using that as much either... (mainly because i like the idea that i have my own private Jedi in the fights....)

actual i just played it and it seems a lot of ppl still want to use single blade (me included) not that the 2 blades aren't great because it is, but i don't want to only use 2 blades all the time it will be boring in the end... and i tried the Yoda size... its fun to whack one of those in the big size with it and its great for hiding but that is it... i won't be using that as much either... (mainly because i like the idea that i have my own private Jedi in the fights....)

Well, if 2 blades are great for killing, and the smaller yoda model is good for taking out larger players, then that's all that matters for n00bs who want to rack up kills. It doesn't matter if it gets boring after a while, 80% of the people using the mods will still abuse them just to get the highest score.

From what I have heard and seen so far, this seems to be quite an amazing modification indeed! I have but a few small questions....

First off (I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I want to confirm)...with this modification enabled on my server, will people be able to still use different lightsaber styles? (Such as, one person might want two sabers, the other person might want a single lightstaff, etc)

Second...what other modifications are you planning to include in this package along with +dualsabers?

Is it possible to disable certain lightsaber styles while the character is using a certain form of fighting? (IE, can I disable every stance other than desanns on my server for anyone that is using 2 lightsabers simultaneously, while other folk using different lightsaber fighting forms are not affected?)

When is this modification expected to reach us players?

Thanks...I'm sure I'll have more questions later...but this is top of my priority list for now ;).

Originally posted by Horrorz2002

First off (I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I want to confirm)...with this modification enabled on my server, will people be able to still use different lightsaber styles? (Such as, one person might want two sabers, the other person might want a single lightstaff, etc)

yes. as of now the commands to turn on and off are "/thedestroyer" and "/twosaber".

Second...what other modifications are you planning to include in this package along with +dualsabers?

he's combined it with tchouky's scaling mod, and he has put a few animations into commands. "/sit" has to be my favourite.

Is it possible to disable certain lightsaber styles while the character is using a certain form of fighting? (IE, can I disable every stance other than desanns on my server for anyone that is using 2 lightsabers simultaneously, while other folk using different lightsaber fighting forms are not affected?)

doubtful.

When is this modification expected to reach us players?

dest is running the mod on his server. so it's an on-going beta.

Is that Dooku pic real? And does Anikan actually hit Dooku? If so that is crazy that they would of actully taken those scenes out! Madness!

Terror I tried to get into the server but I keep getting the invalid password messag at the bottom. I'm not sure if I'm doin it right. I add the IP into my favorites and I have the server sear just for my server list. Then a game called "Jedi Clan" (something along those lines) comes up, I double click the server, it takes me to the loading screen and thats when I get the "invalid password". Pardon my ignorance, I never go online.

He probably does hit Dooku, but I dont know for sure because it could either mean he hits him like Luke did to Vader in ESB or like Maul did to Obi-wan or Qui-Gon did to Maul. If you go to http://www.theforce.net/episode2/cut then it has a list of all the deleted and rumored deleted scenes cut from Ep2. Though I'd rather not go one any more since it doesnt really have anything to do with the Thread.

And since the authors seem to have no concern for gameplay balance at all, this mod is going to suck donkey nuts.

authors? its only me.

The balance is pretty much like you suggested in onw of your posts, dualsaber is mostly for attacking usinng spins and stuff. I'll probably lessen the ability of dualsabers to block weapons fire too.

I'm going to include a variable that allows you to cut dualsaber backstab damage in half to prevent the moved from being spamed (especially if you dont have backstab damage nerfing enabled)

And even if it was unbalanced and sucky you can just do

mod_dualsaber 0

mod_dualblade 0

mod_scalemodels 0

and then you have the normal game except with more options like

mod_nerfbs -if 0 backstab damage is not nerfed, if 1 backstab damage is nerfed some, if 2 backstab damage is very nerfed like it came in the sdk if 3 you can set your own backstab damage levels

mod_nerfspin -if 1 can't spin in backstabs

mod_nerflunge -if 1 cant lunge in air

and it has other stuff like a ban command, rgb sabers, and kick tag among other things.

Keep up the great work Dest!

I'm not sure what you mean by "kick tag"...

How is the kick modified (if that's what it means)?

Are you interested in making it possible to select individual lightsaber hilts in MP?

I know it has been looked into by other mod makers, but I was wondering if YOU think it is possible to place additional weapons to the selectable weapons in MP? Thus maybe enabling you to add dualsaber as another selectable weapon. The same could be true for the dualblades. Perhaps even multiple lightsaber hilts could be selected this way as well.

Though if you accomplished that, it may be difficult to allow for servers to turn off dualsabers and dualblades.

Sorry to distract you, just curious about your thoughts.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Archived