Home

Lighting blocker

Jubei2501

OK, I've been hunting around for a similar thread and haven't found one, so if it exists, forgive me

Y'all know how Obi-Wan blocked Dooku's lightning with his LIGHTSABER?

That's it. That's what I want.

I want a mod that blocks lightning.........

only if you're directly facing your attacker....or partially to the side....that seems pretty reasonable to me, say the higher your saber defense, the better you are at blocking it........

what do you kids think?

Originally posted by Jubei2501

OK, I've been hunting around for a similar thread and haven't found one, so if it exists, forgive me

only if you're directly facing your attacker....or partially to the side....that seems pretty reasonable to me, say the higher your saber defense, the better you are at blocking it........

what do you kids think?

obviously you are sick and tired of the lightning spamers...it would be cool, but it would upset the games balance.

I'd like to see some more cool blocks in Lightsaber battles...

Such as the blick Obi pulls of against Maul.....where he stands with his left side to Maul, and Maul attacks Obi....and then Obi blocks by first holding his saber in front of himself, and then blovking the 2nd attack by swinging his arms over his head han having his saber pointing at the floor.....and the blocking the attack.... Looks pretty cool....I'd like ti see such kidda blocks and many more.....

But...if it's possible I couldn't say....it would just make it more Star Wars alike.... :)

Gee I dunno, maybe the fact that it gets spammed to no end, deals out hella damage and can flood entire rooms, effectively eliminating any need to even THINK to use it.

THERE'S ONE!!!!! *ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAP*

Grip isn't that bad this time around, but it's horrible when used on maps like Nar Shaddaa Streets. Sheesh... with some people you'd think it was the only thing in the game you can use.

Originally posted by JandoFett1842

WTF is so bad about lightning. It is one of the best Dark Side Powers. What is really bad is grip, they use cheepness and drop u off a cliff (unless u push them first).

You say grip is "cheepness" being dropped off a cliff.

yet holding down one key to kill and enemy isnt?

o....k thats logical.

Oh and a tip .. dont go near cliffs :rolleyes:

Absorb shmasorb, see the thing is, I usally play dark, but rarely use lightning. I just figured, if it CAN be done with a lightsaber (Movies are still canon I believe) , then an adept Jedi on either side of the force should be able to do it

that is all

Originally posted by Marvelous*

You say grip is "cheepness" being dropped off a cliff.

yet holding down one key to kill and enemy isnt?

o....k thats logical.

Oh and a tip .. dont go near cliffs :rolleyes:

Hint: Imposible not to go near a cliff in NS_Streets!!!!! Or CTF_Streets!!!!

Originally posted by Jubei2501

what do you kids think?

Actually I didn't like that scene in EpII. I mean, what's got the saber to do with this? How could the saber absorb the lightning energy? It didn't make sense to me. Absorbing or reflecting it with the hand is ok but with the saber? :confused:

I mean they also don't point with the saber at someone and push him, it has to be done with the hand. I found this to be sort of inconsistent, but that's probably just me...

I agree. Absorb in the game, is pretty much what Yoda did, other than throwing it back at them.. Ok, so I can be Yoda in the game.. The blocking of the lightning in the movie, IMO, was just to get a rise out of the audience, and It did.. I remember the chills when Kenobi says, "I dont think so."

Originally posted by GE Predator

Luke blocked lightning with his saber in the Thrawn Trilogy. I think it was in the "Dark Force Rising" novel.

C'Boath threw some lightning at Luke and he blocked it, two or three times. The lightning just crawled along the blade.

i finished readin dark forces rising last week for like the third time. It hit luke actually one time, i think. But i do remember C'both (sp?) using it on those arguing civilians.

Hmmm. I know that StarWars is the movies and what's in the movies counts.

I still don't like it. Maybe it's lbecause I played the games so much and you tend to start thinking that the game is the real truth so you figure "nah, screw Ep2, it's supposed to be like in the game". Of course that's wrong, the game should be like the movies, right?

I still don't like that scene and I can't help thinking that it has been done merly to bring in another special effect to impress the audience, just as AuggieBenDoggie said.

Well, just my opinion...

Archived