Home

New custom Npcs are possible

studman0201

No, but spread the word to all so that it becomes a new standard for SP mapping, because the Mainframe level replaced many people when they could of done this, So I say spread this to all in mapping. I tried but my trust from others is low right now in modeling from my gay brother posting fakeys

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, this is using JKRadiant for my SP test map spawning a custom npc titled "jedibeau"

Created a trigger_once entity:

classname trigger_once

spawnflags 1

target spawn_jedibeau

Created a NPC_spawner entity:

classname NPC_spawner

npc_type jedibeau

spawnscript test/spawn_jedibeau

targetname spawn_jedibeau

Created customnpcs.npc in ext_data:

jedibeau

{

playerModel jedibeau

saberColor blue

rank captain

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

hfov 160

vfov 160

playerTeam player

enemyTeam enemy

class luke

yawSpeed 140

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

snd morgan

sndcombat morgan

sndjedi morgan

health 100

dismemberProbHead 10

dismemberProbArms 35

dismemberProbLegs 10

dismemberProbHands 50

dismemberProbWaist 10

}

Placed spawn_jedibeau.IBI in scripts\test

Placed test.bsp in maps

Placed jedibeau model in models\players\jedibeau

// make sure your model_default.skin jpg links link to your newly renamed jedi or st model etc

We can do alot with npc's now. With icarus scripting you can give them only certain weapons and forces, and make them do things and Act in cutscenes

Chrono I am working on a tutorial also for in-game spawning. You can do the map one if ya like or do yer own one, I am half-way done with my tutorial. It is going to explain each command and show many examples, and as always I will give credit to all who helped custom npc's become a reality

actually have you tried just making a folder in the mod ext_data

like npcMod/ext_data because then you could zip the folder npcMod up which would include a model.pk3 and the ext_data folder. I am going to try it. If not you could just have them install the files into base/ext_data and the model.pk3 put in the base folder

I recieved a disheartening e-mail from Chang about sp source:

We won't be releasing single-player source code because it's not intended to be modded - the code exists in the executable and DLLs, which are not safe to distribute.

[EDIT]I Also am almost finished with my tutorial. I am in need of help though. Can someone do the part of my tutorial for getting their npc into a map and with tutorials on icarus scripting?

Emon ur working on one right?

I can send you my document when I finish the parts that I need to do then you could finish it up. As always I will give you the credit for it.

I sent Chang an e-mail on some top secret stuff i am workin on. I will let yall know at the release of my npcMod Pack, hopefully if it works.

If it works it will rock the SP community big!

It may even save my reputation which is in the poop chutes curently.

I am hopeing for the best. and as always may the farce be with you!!!

We won't be releasing single-player source code because it's not intended to be modded - the code exists in the executable and DLLs, which are not safe to distribute.

Ok, I'd just like to take this opportunity to shove this back in the face of all the "master crackers" who repeatedly argued that all the code was in jk2game86.dll (or whatever the hell it's called). Yeah. No.

*Dark Jedi---- rebornyourmodel

*Jedi-----------jediyourmodel

*Blaster User----styourmodel

*Bowcaster User------weequayyourmodel

i was looking at this and I saw a more detailed one once that listed them all. Like if you want to use tavion's ai or use someone with a repeater how would you do this could someone redirect me to this thread if you know where it is?

Let's see.... studman posted some info from chang 2 pages back in this thread which reveals which character types only require a prefix and which need the exact name. There's a brief summary of what this info means a couple posts below that.

As of now, I don't know of any way to spawn from the console a custom npc with a repeater. To give an npc Tavion's AI, just put "tavion" as the "class" value in their .npc entry.

i have tried everything to get my custom npcs into the game. But have a few questions.

Im trying to do a maw npc but it wont spawn in game

1. do i just have to put the model pk3 in the folder or go into the pk3 and get the model folder out and extract it to rebornmaw folder

2. i tried emons tutoiral but JK2 radiant crashes when i go to use it. bummer eh

3.if it works nice job guys, cant wait till more sp coding comes out. it would be amazing some of the stuff the community could do

ok im haveing trouble getting my npcs to work, so far i have made two npcs, darth maul and obiwan, and they work fine. But iv tried to make some others, but they never seem to work.

So far my newnpcs.npc file has two characters in it (maul & obi) but when i try to add another one, say Quigon, i set it up exactally the same way my obiwan is set up, i place the quigon model in a JediQuigon folder, and change his settings to jediquigon for his name and model, but he shows up as a jedi trainer.. Iv tried mace windu also, and his body works, but his head dosent show up, it looks like an unskinned luke head. Any ideas Studman? Also if you still want my help with your npc mod, tell me, ill help anyway i can, plus it might help me get all my new npcs i want working, to work! lol.

Email me if you want.

gamegod3@comcast.net

Darth seems like you need to open the .skin files in notepad. To do so double click on it and choose notepad.

After doing so you should see something like l_rhand models/players/quigonVm2/arms.jpg or something similar.

In the menu bar find the replace and just replace quigonvm2 with jediquigon.

Do this for skins that aren't working. In most cases it fixes the problem.

Archived