Home

WIP: Dash Rendar

Sniper Wolf

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Arco you can do it if you like. Kman I guess is doing it as well, but ONLY Kman and Arco have my permission. Kman please take the SDK down. All I want is Arco and Kman to do it. NO MORE! I hope someone isn't trying to pass off my work as their own since the SDK is available. Anyone without my permission to skin Dash will be dealt with accordingly.

Kman and Arco, please contact me on AIM. My screen name is in my signature.

Well, I'm keeping the sdk up at polycount only so you will have plenty of skin support right off the bat. If someone does try to do something with the model, they won't have any skins to use for it.

And we can always have them tarred and feathered.

That's what I was thinking too. If some people did get theirs done in time, I don't see any problem including it in the final release.

And I can trust most of the guys on Polycount. They actually care what others think about them, and wouldn't want to do something stupid like that.

arco, i am a fan of your skins ... BIG TIME fan!

first of i'll start with my praises of your skin ...

i dig the skintone, especially the stubble/5 o'clock shadow he has going on. the padding/armor on his upper body rocks as well.

i need to give you a little CC on this guy, however ...

there's something about the face that i can't really explain too well, but i think it has something to do with the proportions of the eyes and mouth in relation to the nose. i think the eyes are a little wide, including the eyebrows. i'd say at least double the amount of space between the end of the eyebrow and the beginning of the hairline on the side of his head. i think the reason the eyes look so big is that crease-thingie extending from the outside corner of the eye ... shorten that up a bit. his mouth looks a little feminine, and a little small when compared to the nose and jaw/chin area.

maybe he needs a more-defined type of hairline ... a widow's peak or something.

the padding coming across his shoulders/chest looks good, except for the part where it kind of jogs/zigzags. it's a little distracting to have all the padding, exept for that one area, nice and even then look a little jagged.

i realize it's work in progress, and please don't think my criticism too harsh, i just wanna point out the aspects of the skin i feel need some work.

keep showing us your progress, acro. pretty pictures make us happy. :D

hey good crit dude. it's a shame that the jaggyness on the shoulder pads is caused by the mapping. I can't really fix that. The face is gonna be changedt o nearly exactly what you have in mind... all in good time.

Arco:deathii:

Looks mighty fine.

Except...

That face REALLY needs considerable work. As Adillon noted the proportions seem wrong

Here's the link to the pic on the official site

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/dashrendar/index_eu.html

Although the actor they used (I believe it's from the Card Game) doesn't seem quite right either.

Looking forward to this models release.

Don't give up yet!

Monsoontide

Personally, I've always found Dash Rendar,(especially the picture of him on the Shadows game box,the one monsoontide posted) had a strong resemblance to Kevin Costner. Just a little more grizzled of course.

This is coming along very well Kman, although, there's something about his face that just seems off somewhat. I think his forehead is a wee bit too big. Perhaps you could experiment with lowering the hairline a smidgeon till you think it looks a bit better, just a thought.

The stubble is a great touch, it just wouldn't seem like Dash without it. I'm not exactly sure what colour Dash's eyes are, and those look good, but right now, they seem a bit glossy, but that's probably just the lighting. JK II's lighting will probably shoot it to hell once you get it in game anyway.

Also, Dash's hair has a bit more of a tint of red in it compared to what you have there. You may not have started on the hair yet which is why it's not the right colour, I'm just pointing it out in case.

Archived