Home

1.04 patch LAG???

Imprezed

I havent seen anyone talkin about this...wtf?....I played the patch last night...and I dont know WHAT tf they did...but they screwed the game up. it LAGS like hell now!....and it wasnt just me...everyone I played with on every server was complaining of lag that wasnt there before the patch. I never had lag on 1.03...hell im on a 2.1mbps cable modem...I played 1.03 before I updated last night so I could compare them...1.03 had no probs..no lag..I was pingin most servers at 90...then I update...start playin and pingin at like 100....no probs..then it starts spiking up and down...100....999....100....999....100....999.....and everyone was talking about it sayin wtf?...and they and I had been on numerous servers with the same thing happening.....even on a 2 player game with my friend..both of us on cable modems..it was doing the same damn thing. anyone wanna comment on this?...anyone else experianced it?...its pissin me off so much I cant even play the game anymore.

DM

So your absolutely sure that you cable connection could not have been laggy or less than perfect? Even cable modems are suseptable to clogged routers along the hops your packet info HAS to take.

Type this into the console:

rate 10000

If you still lag, it is YOUR connection to THE server your playing on, not the game.

Kaan

yeah im pretty damn sure it wasnt me..cause when I got off the game I ran a bandwidth test 3 times which clocked in at 1.9 - 2.0mbps...and BEFORE I updated and was playin 1.03..it was runnin beautifully......there are only 3 computers connected to my router...2 of which werent on at the time..so the clogging thing couldnt be the prob...i'll try that rate thing your talking about tonight and see what happens...anyways..thanks for the info.

DM

WTF, now i see what you mean today, i have been lagging all over the palce, WTH is wrong, Raven wh yare we lagging!!!!

I am constantly at 999 or have a ping of 178 and i can't even predict how far i am gonig to go cos of the lag!

oh if i'm not getting 999 i have the same pings but i move at a fantastic lag of 1 frame in 3 secs. if i'm not lagging the other person is warping all over the place, i can jsut look at my health to see it go down for no visible reason! :mad:

I've reinstalled jk2 and and 1.04, seems alright this now. but it seemed fien last night too. hmmmmmm. anyway, i jsut felt the need to flame something for once and let it all go. seems back to normal (1.04 is fun ;) ) so we'll see.

I think the reason people were lagging is because some of the servers that were up, right after 1.4 was released, were.. less than great ones. Now that more and more servers are being setup to 1.4, it seems fine to me now.

Archived