Home

BS is out; Rocket Launcher is in

Ranking_skin

I have been in 7 servers in that last hour. In every server, EVERYONE was using a rocket launcher.... this is so gay. Why can't people do more than one thing? They find one thing good and thats all they do... Don't they realize there are others out there who want to enjoy the game too?

I was in a JvM server.

3 mercs using rocket launchers(5 others using other stuff).

me , a friend of mine and 2 other jedis where going arond making mince meat of the mercs. those 3 mercs all fired at our group.

we stared at them for a good second, pushed em all, and pulled them into their own rocket.

It was quite fun.

Guest Sabre9
Originally posted by Ranking_skin

I have been in 7 servers in that last hour. In every server, EVERYONE was using a rocket launcher.... this is so gay. Why can't people do more than one thing? They find one thing good and thats all they do... Don't they realize there are others out there who want to enjoy the game too?

Holy @$#@@##

A ROCKET LAUNCHER??? If you can't defend vs a ROCKET LAUNCHER, go play Basket Weaving III!

SHEESH!!!

DFA bugs? Complain? Fine. BS not as it was intended? Complain? Good. Using a ground attack to slow your decent, which was OBVOUSLY a bug? Complain? You betcha.

COMPLAIN ABOUT A ROCKET LAUNCHER, A WEAPON FOUND ON JUST ABOUT EVERY FPS?!?!?!

WTF are you doing with this game!?!!?!

Take it back, give it away, and go play Basket Weaving III! No one will shoot Rocket Launchers at you in that game!!!

Originally posted by Sabre9

Holy @$#@@##

A ROCKET LAUNCHER??? If you can't defend vs a ROCKET LAUNCHER, go play Basket Weaving III!

SHEESH!!!

DFA bugs? Complain? Fine. BS not as it was intended? Complain? Good. Using a ground attack to slow your decent, which was OBVOUSLY a bug? Complain? You betcha.

Take it back, give it away, and go play Basket Weaving III! No one will shoot Rocket Launchers at you in that game!!!

LOL.. that actually quite true.. JK2 is a FPS (First person shooter, for those who doesnt know).. and RL is in all FPS games... lol. lmao!

your a n00b if you cant defend against rockets... they only times that a rocket has kill me, is me going fighting in the middle of 3 jedis fight, then a rocket comes on top of us out of nowhere =(

Originally posted by Sabre9

Holy @$#@@##

SHEESH!!!

I rarely agree with flames but...man...you really nailed it! :D

Well, at least I saw this one coming. There is some truth in his statement - Gun Server spammers have decided to rocket whore instead of Pull-Backstab. The difference? I have 3.

1) Rockets are limited to very few maps (In base, CTF Imperial, CTF Ns Streets, FFA Ns Streets, CTF Yavin, and FFA Yavin. Did I forget any?). That may seem like many, but considering there are over 20 Base Maps in JK2, that's not that many. In addition, ammo is severely limited, just as in any other FPS.

2) It's almost never an instant kill. Sure, one hit can do 100 damage if it hits you directly (and typically half of that is to life), but considering the only easy way to score such a hit is using the difficult-to-master homing feature, that usually won't happen unless you just stand still.

3) It's amazingly easy to counter. Push 2 or higher can push rockets back, Pull 2 or higher can steal the gun right out of his spamming hands, and if all else fails - run him/her out of ammo. :D

Of course, newbies usually die to rockets, but that's a typical phenomena in most FPS games. :p

Guest Sabre9
Originally posted by Luc Solar

I rarely agree with flames but...man...you really nailed it! :D

I agree with you. I rarely flame. But whenever such stupidity rears its ugly head, its our social responsiblity to stamp it out. :D

Archived