Home

taxtaxtaxtaxtax

Lord Helmet

Our tax % depends on how much money we need and how much money people are willing to give.

At the start of the PA we don't need alot of money; everybody is looking around in the SWG world, making money with their own stuff. The PA is more of a group of ingame friends that help eachother out occasionally, the PA doesn't need money at that point. Later on, people will have anough money to buy a house, and the whole PA decides to settle somewhere in a little town. At this point, everyone is still minding their own business, but in a more PA-organised way.

As more and more people flock to the city to either join the PA, or just for business, the city grows. Some player run facility's, like a bar, a small transport company, a weapons manufacturer are the property of 1 player, and don't need PA funding. However, other facility's, like a cloning centre and defenses are not owned by 1 player, these facility's need to be PA funded...and that's where the tax comes in.

I think it's best to check how much all the PA run facility's and future projects are going to cost, howmuch income we get from, for example, a cloning facility and a spaceport. If we have a shortage of money at that point, we devide that need among (sp?) the members. So if we need 500 cred. extra, and we have 10 players living in the town, everyone should pay 50 credits.

This system doesnt make a fixed amount of money that should be paid each month, but I think it will work the best. This way we dont have to take a loan from someone else because of fund-shortage.

I agree with Zendjír. We have no idea how the ingame economy will be balanced, and thereby it is futile to plan a budget right now. We need to do that after having tried out the game, when we know how easy/hard money is to get, compared to how cheap/expensive things are. And how balanced prices are (cost of a blaster compared to a building etc). And yes, I believe that having heavy taxes in the beginning of the game will hurt all players, since in most games, it's the beginners who has the hardest time earning cash.

Archived