Home

Why is mace the only jedi with a purple saber?

icepool

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by icepool

Matt thanks. You actually listened to my question. But i thought the electrium part had to do with the gold finish on his lightsaber?

I have no idea on that... I only know that Mace used an electrolum light saber because in the Mace windu movie trailer it said so... :p I am not an EU nut! :D

There is NO REAL point to have electrium light saber, except to allow Samuel's character (Mace Windu) stick out in the movie, as he one of the highest rated actors in SW1&2, of course second to Christopher Lee (Count Dooku), who himself gets a saber with a Rapier or Arab Sword style curving saber handle.

Does anyone know if there is any other reason for a electrium light saber?

Maybe the saber is does not damage easily, or it feels lighter, or might even still work under water.

I am not sure about light saber working or not working under water, as in Jedi Knight 2 they don't work in water, even though JK2 is EU, but GL had his hands in the making, probably NORMAL crystal based light sabers don't work in water.

Then again ALL EU are supposed to be approved by GL first.

ok jedi's and non jedi's da thing is george L let him have a purple lightsaber.

and a purple lighsaber is not created by a cyrstal

as they say in one of me friends pic for obiwan lighsaber it says crystal lighsaber that means it uses a crsyal right? right!

but in another pic it says about mace's purple lighsaber that it is a electrum lighsaber

and if u watch the movie u can hear a slight difference when obi wan turns on his saber and mace's purp lighsaber

yes and jedi's make there own saber hilts

check and reply :)

ummmm........i'm pretty sure we already covered that point........

ok jedi's and non jedi's da thing is george L let him have a purple lightsaber.

Why did you start that off with jedi's and non jedi's? What do they have to do with electrolum lightsabers?:confused:

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by icepool

Seriously has anyone thought about this. I mean If purple was saber choice than I'm sure when some of the other jedi made sabers some would have chosen purple also. But mace is the only jedi with purple as if its one of a kind. If it is one of a kind then they better come up with a good story for it because I think its rediculous that certain people can get what they want and stand out above everyone else. Well anyways any ideas?

um maybe its because hes GAY

:eek::p:D

Definately thats why I believe since they decided to add purple they should have given it to some of the female jedi, not mace I think it makes him kind of gay. I also think if any jedi should have gotten a special saber to stand out it would have been yoda with a yellow saber like the visual dictionary of episode 1 said.

It's always great to see the intelligent, open-minded conversations in this forum, especially on a subject that has been "beaten to death" for lack of a better term.:D

It may interest some of you to know that the color purple in many great civilizations, among them Egypt, Rome, Greece, and Persia, symbolized nobility and strength of purpose. Great monarchs often donned purple or violet attire as a symbol of leadership and honor.

Feminine? Hardly.:D Just thought you may want to know that.

You could ask a macho bounty hunter named Jango Fett if Mace is of a feminine bent, but. . .oh, that's right, Boba Fett was decapitated by the gay looking Jedi with the purple saber.;)

Originally posted by Norin Radd

It's always great to see the intelligent, open-minded conversations in this forum, especially on a subject that has been "beaten to death" for lack of a better term.:D

It may interest some of you to know that the color purple in many great civilizations, among them Egypt, Rome, Greece, and Persia, symbolized nobility and strength of purpose. Great monarchs often donned purple or violet attire as a symbol of leadership and honor.

Feminine? Hardly.:D Just thought you may want to know that.

You could ask a macho bounty hunter named Boba Fett if Mace is of a feminine bent, but. . .oh, that's right, Boba Fett was decapitated by the gay looking Jedi with the purple saber.;)

*points and laughs at norin radd* that was jango fett not boba

:lol::p:D

Personally I don't think the purple lightsaber makes him look gay.

Plus that is a statement made from your own personal -homophobic or not- view of the world where the color purple is associated with homosexuality. An opinion byassed by the era, aread and culture you live in.

It's very well possible that in the Star Wars Galaxy there were no 'gay' people and the color purple might have had a deep symbolic meaning for the Jedi or for Mace's own culture and background. Which could be totally unrelated to sexual preference.

Originally posted by Master_Ginn

I would have to agree with the purple but there weren't any different colored lightsabers in the Arena battle exept lots of blue and green ones and one purple lightsaber. There were not any yellow ones. And thats all i have to say about that!

there were no yellow sabers because originally jedi have blue lightsabers and sith have red ones. but when they came to film return of the jedi george had to change it because the saber did not show up during the battle of carkoon. so he made it green.

now jedi have green & blue - sith red.

the purple saber war just a request of samuel l. jackson.

Originally posted by ollyhills

there were no yellow sabers because originally jedi have blue lightsabers and sith have red ones. but when they came to film return of the jedi george had to change it because the saber did not show up during the battle of carkoon. so he made it green.

now jedi have green & blue - sith red.

the purple saber war just a request of samuel l. jackson.

thats why luke has a blue lightsaber on the posters for return of the jedi

Archived