Home

Man Kind is Doomed Through Stupidity

Ansible

Alot of ppl bash the case w/o knowing alot about it. That old lady got 2nd & 3rd degree burns from coffee. That's why she sued McDonalds. She won because McDonalds brews their coffee too damn hot.

McDonalds, was able to be sued because they had been warned about the temp of their coffee a few times before and they did nothing, the people that regulate that kind of thing just wanted to make an example of McDs. It really had nothing to do with the old bitch. Also, McDs, won an appeal and the old lady only got a few thousand dollars. If I wouldn't stick me genitals in a chainsaw why would I want to place the boys under a cup of very hot coffee?

One of the best examples of stupid warnings recently was that ad for I think it was hyndai, the one were the car goes to the concert and crowd surfs. The warning reads "Dont drive on people". Oh. Ok. I wont. stupid.:freakout:

my internet service providers help booklet "if you are experiencing trouble connecting to the internet then please see our website for details" ........... it took me 7 hours on the phone listening to crappy elevator music just to hear some loser at the other end tell me that the weather caused a pole to fall over and they are working on it.

and did you know that in my hometown mcdonalds took smiles off the menu because we kept asking for that and nothing else? its true.

Originally posted by Divine Spirit

Mercen4ry, if you thought i actually typed all of that I have three words for you:

GET A BRAIN!

J/k, but that was just waiting to be said. :D

Typed the whole list? Nah... unless you had that whole list from an e-mail or something, though, putting that whole thing together looks like it took time... :rolleyes:

And the whole McDonald's coffee thing is just too funny; I was just trying to provide an example of where corporate stupidity leads to lawsuits, which is why many of those warning labels came to be....

... the peanuts one, for example. Yep, it looks totally stupid that they need to list "Warning: Product contains nuts," but given some people have alergies nuts....... ummm.....

I take that back. Warning labels are caused by consumer stupidity. That's why these lawsuits came into being which then leads to the warning labels....

Maybe that's why the Swedish one scares me so.... anyone up for the Darwin Awards? :rolleyes:

lol, i love the darwin awards they rock. and for any of you who dont know what the darwin awards are, allow me to explain: The Awards commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it in really stupid ways.

in other words, people that are so stupid that they kill themselves or remove their ability to reproduce by doing braindead moronic things, also near death incidinces will qualify as "honorable mentions" ill post one example

(30 December 2000, Missouri) A Kansas City police officer was in the Flamingo bar, waiting to see some friends play in a band. He had only just arrived when a man ran into the bar and announced that he'd been robbed in the parking lot, and so had another man!

The officer elicited the details, called for backup, and rushed outside, assuming the villian would be long gone. To his surprise, the suspect was still sitting in the pickup truck he had just car-jacked. The officer approached the man, coincidentally named Shields, with his gun and HIS shield drawn for identification.

It turned out that Mr. Shields had car-jacked a pickup with a manual transmission, but he didn?t know how to drive a stick shift. He tried to flee, but the grinding of gears indicated that he was having trouble putting the pickup into reverse. The officer pulled the incompetent criminal from the immobile car.

Mr. Shields challenged the cop to a gun fight? and was quickly dispatched by five rounds fired by the officer. A check of the perpetrator?s gun revealed it was fully loaded, except for the most important round? the one in the chamber.

The morals of the story are: If you are going to steal a car, know how to drive a stick shift; and if you are going to challenge a police officer to a duel, make sure to load your weapon

if you appreciate the darwin awards as much as i do then please visit their website and enjoy =)

Archived