Home

New animations Possible. How to get in-game unknown

Lord Ignasius

Just to let yall know. new animations are now possible. To do a new animation. There is a thread on this also in modeling. It is Carcass can compile .gla's or somethin like that

1)Make animations in SoftImage XSI.

2)Export to XSI format(not sure of which format. I saw this on modelling forum)

3)name the file the same as the model

4)Using assimilate compile the model/animations

5)This will create a .gla and .glm, and animations.cfg

Now all we need to know how to do is get the animations working for npcs's. or in-game for that matter because then custom cutscenes are possible.

And so custom NPC's have gone to a new level.

[edit] I am going to contact Chang on this

Studman, or whatever you're calling yourself today, you lost all respect on the boards last time you posted about animations. Now you appear to be trying to take the credit for this new angle on animations, because everyone will see Lord Ignacious was the first to post the thread "New animations possible!"

Someone else, someone with some actual talent, is working on this. Why don't you let him do just that, hmm? And why don't you not email Chang, since that's already being taken care of, and you have no right to run off claiming the credit for someone else's discoveries.

I've been in contact with Mike Change Gummelt and he hopes to arrange the raw version of the animations files (humanoid.xsi) for download. However, I warn you that it is 650 megs.

He will also be discussing the possibility of a converter for the humanoid.gla -> max or xsi format and vice versa with James Monroe (The lead coder).

Here's hoping. :)

thanks in advance :)

i'm really lookin forward to be able to use my beretta in dual mode :)

oh and

Originally posted by Lord Ignasius

I was just spreading this info so all could see therefore helping it get uncovered. IF PEOPLE DONT ALREADY KNOW, SILENT MOBIUS DISCOVERED THIS!!

if you wrote his name and a link in your fist post then people wouldn't bother you.. just think about that..

anyways, PEACE!!! i dont want anymore flame wars in here

You don't need XSI 2.0.1 to make new JO anims.

All you need is 3DSM and a GLA importer which does not exist yet.

1. Import GLA to 3DSM.

2. Add new animations.

3. Export to XSI.

4. Use Carcass to make new GLA.

James Monroe said you'd be able to do that if there was a GLA importer, but I don't think there is, sadly.

As for making NPCs and doing SP stuff using it, you can't unless you replace the old animations.. Actually, you can use ICARUS to play animations, but that wouldn't work for stuff like new saber moves or stuff like that. Only cutscene stuff.

Archived