Home

Creating Cutscenes for Mods (TC)

Gavsarris

sigh

well, you can script in-game cutscenes with icarus scripts; you can also make .roq files (those are the cutscenes in jk2 like the doomgiver, etc.);

compiling .roqs will probably take up alot of HD space and system resources; since you require (for it to look right) 30 .tgas for every second of video you compile

The movie where it's flying through space. There's no Doomgiver model, even though the other ships in that scene have models, so it's done apparently like a really sophistocated flip-book. Thirty images per second is enough to fool our eyes into thinking it's a movie... but thirty TGA files for every second takes up an assload of space.

Just to give you an idea, the TGA for JUST the text crawling on SP at the very beginning is 4mb... thats just for the words and Mask... so for 30 seconds, you would need 900 TGAs...starting to get the idea.. I started to ponder it, but I am limited by HD at the moment... upgrading by the end of the year...

On a side note, the TGA for the title crawl, which as you said was 4MB, is rediculously big for a TGA. I compressed the thing, alpha map and all, into around 500 KB. The Compress [RLE] option when saving in Photoshop rocks. All my TGAs made this way have worked fine in game.

Archived