Home

Where did all the servers go?

Jah Warrior

I've noticed that since the weekend there seems to be like nowhere near as many servers running and there seems to be far fewer people playing the game.

I understand that the master server died at somepoint but now that its back, it would seem that there is barely anyone playing. Is there a reason for this or is everyone migrating to soldier of fortune 2 or something?

The same thing happened to me bro,

this is what I did. I noticed that GameSpy made an update recently and only after that did I notice this problem.

What I did was to just open up my GS, picked one server, played one game, exited.

When I returned to my JK2 server list it had imported the list from GS...somehow. Ever since then it has been fine.

If this helps, great, if not, too bad...sorry.

Hawkeye

aka

^2TheMidi-Chlorians

I think it has something to do with Lucasarts changing DNS servers. Until all other ISP servers recieve the updated info which supposedly can take up to 48 hours, the information isn't showing up in the game menu. That's my guess anyway. The gamespy method seems a cool way to get around this, I'll have to try that.

I use the All Seeing Eye to find my servers and I have noticed that there is not as many servers as before. Also the problem is with the patches. There is still people who like 1.02, 1.03, and other mods. This divides up the total number of servers to the point to where it seems as if there is not a lot of servers as well.

Archived