Home

What would you like to see in Jedi Knight 3?

RNC

Possible spoilers ahead...be warned.

Ok, now that's out of the way, I don't know whether a similar topic has been brought up before since I'm new to the forum, but there are several things I would like to see incorporated in Jedi Knight 3 should there ever be one.

1. Return of Tavion to avenge Desann.

2. Multiple ways for the story to develop (as in JK) instead of a linear storyline. This can be accomplished by...

3. ...frequency of usage of a certain type of Force power (i.e. Light vs. Dark) will affect the way the story will proceed.

4. Levels of a grander scale. Although levels in JK2 are not bad, I find JK levels are much more enjoyable. One thing I like about JK levels are dropping down chutes and a sense of "largeness" to the level. Certain levels in JK2 are not bad -- such as Bespin Platform, Nar Shaddar, and Yavin Swamp (Cairn reactor is pretty grand, too) -- but they could be more.

5. Ability to play certain levels only IF you become a Dark Jedi or a Light Jedi (see points 2 and 3). This adds to replayability.

6. Incorporation of regular Force Throw -- not just throwing the lightsaber.

Now, one thing that I wished would have happend in JK2 but didn't was turning Jan into a Reborn, forcing Kyle to fight Reborn Jan. That would have made the story very interesting indeed.

Any comments and addition?

A fully supported Double bladed sabre, with its own style (pros/cons)

New styles and twice as many manuvers and specials, all unscriptable.

As already said, a dynamic storyline thats affected by how you play the game.

300 hours beta testing the sabre multiplayer side with all added manuvers and specials, so there isnt 1 move that dominates all (Backstab :eyeraise: ).

Some hand to hand fighting with manuvers and specials, some of these can be use with guns.

also, I want to fight the Vong. :D

Personally, I'd like more weapon variety. I mean, the weapons in the game were just Star Wars versions of weapons in every other FPS. The Bryar pistol= a hand pistol. The Reapeater= a machine gun. The Fletchette gun= a shotgun. They're no-brainers. C'mon! Show us something more original!

Well, when you think about it, all of the guns in the star wars movies are just replicas of modern day weapons. Even the props were built of old guns. If it goes too far out, then the game doesn't feel real enough to be played.

<p>

I prefer cutscenes, since they can be prerendered to look great. But, they have to be of higher quality than the ones in JK2...LOL

More variety of weapons.. vibro-ax, whips.

Familiar weapons.. why wasn't Han Solo's BlasTech a default pistol? It seems pretty standard everywhere else.

Ability to import models made thus far. It will be a shame not to be able to bring some of the fine custom models made for JK2 into JK3.

Variety on non player characters. A custom npc ally can only use the stormtrooper rifle or bespin cop pistol. I wanted to see them use thermal detonators and such.

Last but not least.. let's hope JK3 is as easily moddable as JK2!!

After the Remnant turns Jan into a reborn jedi, Kyle trains her and they continue working for the Republic as jedi mercenaries. After the Yuuzhan Vong invade, they work independently against the invaders. During the campaign of Borleias, Kyle and Jan agree to work directly for General Antilles and Master Skywalker. They then begin a mission against the shaper branch of the Vong forces.

Cloth effects. I want to play as a Jedi in full robes, swinging and spinning with the robes acting as they should. We've seen some primitive cloth in other games, so I think by the time Episode III comes around, and JKIII with it, we should expect cloth.

Of course the usual as well. More stances. Double and dual Lightsabres. Etc.

Completely branching stories is a good idea. Although I don't really think it can be done with Kyle anymore. Although since Jan is still alive at the end, the fact he's close to her makes him still able to fall to the dark side. Since I always thought the reason why the Jedi Code always had it where relationships were forbidden (marriage), was because if their better half were killed or kidnapped, or something to that affect. They could fall to the Dark side through anger.

I think it should start over with another character though personally. Someone younger, more of a Padawan to Jedi Master/Sith Lord, thing. Where you choose your path through your actions.

Like have some levels where you go through cities and such, encounter enemies on the way. If you murder civies, you fall more to the Dark side, kill people on the ground, attack first, whatever. All that would make you fall to the Dark side. Each side should have like a complete campaign of it's own. Kind of like Command and Conquer, NOD and GDI different stories, didn't endings? I always liked those time of moral choice games. Gave kind of a personal feeling to it.

As for the rest, like multiplayer... more powerful Lightsabers. =P

Archived