Home

Cheating infestation?!

Bluezman

I think what he is getting at is the fact that you can't really tell what expects you when you join a server because you don't get enough information from the in game server browser.

I am also getting annoyed by trying to join a server, only to find out that it is running a mod which I don't happen to have so it throws me back into main menu.

If I could tell beforehand that te server is running a mod/has cheats enabled/.../.../ I wouldn't try to join it.

I agree with everybody who is saying that the solution connot be that some forum admins :rolleyes: or server admins have to turn cheats off and change THEIR server to the need of some guy who comes to the server and happens to dislike the settings :rolleyes:

So my suggestion to kabay10 is: use The All Seeing Eye or another server browser that supplies you with more information. Filter for servers that have cheats disabled, look for pure servers or for servers with your preferred mods and play solely on these servers. And just let people fool arounf on cheat enabled servers if they like to.

• 4 months later...

I went into a server today and everysingle guy was cheating....every person there started out with a imperial heavy repeater with infininate ammo and it shot incredibly fast, there was unlimited force and people were just standing there putting in cheats. Also someone put in a cheat to reset my controls which made me very mad. It has been seeming that latly there has been more and more cheaters or cheat servers :3headed::dsaber:

What is ur take on it....Should monterators attemp to stop this infestation of cheating or is it not a big problem?

:duel:

Originally posted by kabay10

What is ur take on it....Should monterators attemp to stop this infestation of cheating or is it not a big problem?

The moderators can't do a thing about it because they are only involved in the forums, unless they are also a server administrator.

if i new it wasnt a cheat server i wouldnt of gone into it!!!! Cheating threatens the integrity of jk2! Plus some of the cheats mess with other peoples computers (ie when it changed all my controls):swear: so i disagree with u

I trying to say that maybe moderators should be placed on jk2 online to try and clean up some of the buggy servers, and to regulate people who script and cheat etc.:tsk:

They already are there man, those guys in the black helicopters you see at night, who do you think they work for?

It's a new mod. Extreme something. It makes you start with enarly all weapons, RAPID RAPID fire weaons (the disruptor is the main choice of weapon there, because it shoots like a chain gun almost) and you have unlimited force, and saber throw kills in one hit if theya rn't using protect. You can also keep spamming HEAL force and never die unless too many people shoot you too many times. I stood in front of someone with the repeater shooting at me and never died holding down heal. I hate it, because it's cheap and boring...so I never join there.

Ughh, I'm disgusted. This thread is probably a joke, but it has at least reminded me of the horrible truth that there are actually people out there who expect whatever server they go onto to change to suit them, rather than taking the time and making the effort to find a server that already suits them.

Absolutely disgusting.

there should be a whole different place for cheat servers...i disagree with u, why should i have to adapt to the people who are changing the game and screwing around, its ment to be played how the producers wanted it not how anyone else wants it

I do get annoyed wasting my time joning modded servers that remove red stance and put in a swing...freeze swing, and unfreeze swing mod...or run 20x faster mod, or shoot 20x faster mod, or the admin giving him and all his friends a 1 hit kill destroyer blade with 200 shields and making the hit make you fly across the map if there isnt a wall in the way.

why should i have to adapt to the people who are changing the game and screwing around, its ment to be played how the producers wanted it not how anyone else wants it

/me sighs

Son, why do you think the "producers" gave server admins the option of allowing cheat codes on their servers? So that people can do whatever they want to the game. Now it's not up to server admins to satisfy YOU.

Suck it up and make an effort to find a server you like, instead of demanding that everyone conform to your dubious ideas.

there should be a whole different place for cheat servers...i disagree with u, why should i have to adapt to the people who are changing the game and screwing around, its ment to be played how the producers wanted it not how anyone else wants it

Uh, well, they probably pay hundreds a month for good server hardware and bandwith for the hundreds of people who disagree with YOU on the point of being able to cheat on certain servers for fun.

By the way, whats the percentage of cheat servers you find in contrast to the rest of the clean and legitimately modded servers? 0.01%?

if i new it wasnt a cheat server i wouldnt of gone into it!!!! Cheating threatens the integrity of jk2! Plus some of the cheats mess with other peoples computers (ie when it changed all my controls):swear: so i disagree with u

IMO JO's integraty has already been compramised by all the whininy noobs who call everything they can't block cheap.

Archived