Home

This forum used to be semi - intellectual

Absurd

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Absurd

Do see you the circularity problem?

Only because you requer memory to make a refrence... that would be a value... values are exact... and you need to make a refrence to a value to make exact distance... There is a circularty in there... but thats only because it requers intellect to make observation of distance...

Originally posted by Camus

Yes I must agree... Its like that age old question... which came first the chicken or the egg??? If you believe in evolution then the egg came first... if you believe in religion its the chicken... Its all about where you stand on your own ideals...

i disagree with that, im sorry but i believe that you must look closer at the question, it does not specify that it means the egg that bares chicks. i believe taht the egg comes first as there were eggs belonging to species before chickens were about. like dinosaurs for example.

the truth lies in your own point of view, i nitpick therefore i am.

Originally posted by Camus

Only because you requer memory to make a refrence... that would be a value... values are exact... and you need to make a refrence to a value to make exact distance... There is a circularty in there... but thats only because it requers intellect to make observation of distance...

Or a fictional construct that does not truly have anything to do with 'reality', that is until we 'make it reality'.

Or a fictional construct that does not truly have anything to do with 'reality', that is until we 'make it reality'.

Yeah... On that line of sence...

Wow that was stimulatting... :D

I like reading about these sort of things. Trying to find certain aspects of things and reality. But honestly, this doesn't interest me that much. I rather live what I have at the moment and see do my best to become better. To better myself. I also like to look at problems around the world and think of ways of getting it better. Politics is something that interrests me greatly. However the true meaning or existance of time does not.

Its all opinions. My interests is politics and visual arts (graphism). While others just absolutly hate politics.

I liked reading this thread and its refreshing. Keep it up boys and girls! :)

edit: ah crap. forums is acting up again. my post appeared after 4 other posts I've just read. Its doing that local time again.

"tau·tol·o·gy Pronunciation Key (tô-tl-j)

n. pl. tau·tol·o·gies

Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.

An instance of such repetition.

Logic. An empty or vacuous statement composed of simpler statements in a fashion that makes it logically true whether the simpler statements are factually true or false; for example, the statement Either it will rain tomorrow or it will not rain tomorrow. "

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=tautology

P.S. I'm only discussing concepts, not the person debating - so it's not a statement upon you, but rather the argument.

Just trying to clarify for everyone.

Archived