Home

LucasArts Returns to Luftwaffe

Boba Rhett

J uly 25, 2002 - At LucasArts' Summer Games event held in Mill Valley, Ca., yesterday, IGN learned that Peter Hirschmann, former Dreamworks creator and producer of the blockbuster first-person shooter Medal of Honor series, is working with acclaimed designer Lawrence Holland, president of Totally Games on a brand new World War II aerial combat title.

IGN also learned that the as-of-yet unnamed title, which will draw inspiration from Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe and Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain, will appear on the specific platforms PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

Though LucasArts announced in April that Holland would again lend his talent to this brand new World War II title, with both Hirschmann and Holland together, the game is bound for potential greatness. Hirschmann left EALA (formerly Dreamworks Interactive) while he was the producer of Medal of Honor Fighter Commander, which was cancelled this spring.

In this World War II aerial combat fighting game, players can engage themselves in the world of a handful of fighter pilot aces in air-to-air and air-to-ground battles in a slew of combat theaters across Europe and relative territories. A story-driven game, LucasArts' title enables players to take on the role of an elite squad of pilots who must confront military enemies in some of the most difficult and dangerous missions of the war.

Excellent. :D It seems like WWII games are a growing trend. This looks like it's going to be a winner what with the man behind the MoH game and LucasArts' previous great flying games.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/365/365917p1.html

I was looking over the games on my Grandparent's old comp (which was actually my Dad's old old old comp)

and I found an WWII Air Sim by LucasArts...That was before LEC's 20th so I was amazed at what I found. I've played a few rounds on it and still have it hidden away somewhere...

Archived