Home

Bounty Hunters

Darth Windu

Just thinking, with Bounty Hunter's, instead of each race having their own bounty hunter's, there should be only one bounty hunter which everyone gets access to, but with the 8 bounty hunter art's that are on a random thingy so that you could build any number of bounties and they would all look different.

Thoughts?

PS: they should cost nova.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

Well the whole point of the proposed change would be that instead of 'building' bounty hunter's, you would be hiring them, and since there are so many, and they would actually charge a fee (hence nova).

SO in other word the bounty hunter's guild would fail and nobody would play it. Because you have to have a basic unit. And if that is bounty hunter...your screwed because NOBODY can collect that much nova early in the game unless you set it up where that every unit a bouny hunter kills your side gets money. then maybe. But that would mean tweeking the whole thing and making a "different" civ which is not and will never be done in GB. Very Unfortunate.

The trandoshan bounty hunter works for the Naboo. The wookiees have a wookiee bounty hunter. I like how all bounty hunters are different; it makes for good eye candy and adds variety and spice to the game. If only they coulda did this with jedi instead of making them all humans.

Originally posted by darthfergie

SO in other word the bounty hunter's guild would fail and nobody would play it. Because you have to have a basic unit. And if that is bounty hunter...your screwed because NOBODY can collect that much nova early in the game unless you set it up where that every unit a bouny hunter kills your side gets money. then maybe. But that would mean tweeking the whole thing and making a "different" civ which is not and will never be done in GB. Very Unfortunate.

I think the idea of bounties costing nova would apply to the other civilizations hiring bounties on. If there was indeed a bountyhunter civ, then costs would be regulated differently for that civ.

Kryllith

What if the bounty hunter unit as we know it were replaced with some type of "Mercenary" unit...simlar idea, but a little cheaper and slightly less effective, but still retaining the bonus against Jedi. "Bounty Hunters" could be unique, with a limited number available in each game....a player could hire Boba Fett for example, and pay a pre-determined fee (of varying makeup and resource types depending on the character selected) such as "100 Nova per week" or "10 Nova per kill" or "500 Carbon flat fee" or some such, and no other player could have him until the first player dismissed him or could not afford to pay his fees anymore...the other players would have to hire a different character for the time being. In this version, BH prices would be assessed according to the strength of the character involved....essentially every BH would be a "hero-for-hire" unit. You could have Boba Fett, Dengar, Bossk, IG-88, Jango Fett, Zam Wessel, Aurra Sing, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Greedo, Snoova, Boussh, etc, etc....each character would have a different price and different stats...some characters would excel at killing Jedi (Aurra Sing) while some would have bonuses versus Wookies (Bossk) or some might have stealth capabilites (Zam Wessel's shape changing abilities). Perhaps some characters would come with a ship or other unit, like Boba Fett's Slave I or Zam Wessel's speeder or Aurra Sing's swoop bike. Perhaps if all of the BH units were hired...unlikely, but it could happen....there would be some sort of cheap "default" BH like an assassin droid or something that would be less effective but avaialble if someone wanted it.

No need to call me stupid, Sithmaster. I thought it was a good idea or I wouldn't have typed it. Must you be nasty all the time?

Put forth a plan of your own, or rebuttal me in an intelligent, specific way without just calling me stupid.

My plan would keep the unit we all like and the current costs of it (maybe even a little bit cheaper), just change the name and art style to "Mercenary." It would then add hero-for-hire units as the new Bounty Hunters, something the game doesn't have now. the only way you can get hero units now is in campaigns or scenarios...not in random map games. I don't think it would be confusing....I've seen systems in other trategy games that were sort of similar. Master of Orion II used to offer the ability to hire leaders for planets and ships...the leaders had different rates of pay. Some were flat fees for as long as you wanted them, some were big pile of cash up front with additonal salary to follow, some were free at the start with salary to follow, some were just free because they liked your cause (that last one's not a good idea for this game, but you get the idea). Sometimes the characters would even ask for raises after you had them on payroll for a while. I think the BH system I'm describing could work in a simlar way. Perhpas better BHs could be avaialble at each Tech Level. A Tech I player could only get, say Greedo and some other not so good hunters, while a Tech 4 player could hire Boba Fett, complete with Slave I, or other first class hunters. The fees wouldn't be just Nova, either....some would want Nova, some Carbon, some Food, some Ore, etc....and the payment form would change as described in my earlier post, with some wanting a flat fee, some wanting money over time, and some wanting money per kill or razing.

sithmaster - the whole point of my idea is that bounty hunter's are hired, not built. The only change would be different art unless the nova cost was added as well.

darthfergie - a bounty hunter civ would fail anyway, as i just said, bounty hunters are hired, they work for money, and do not (and wouldn't) form a standing army.

Archived