Home

Jedimod Hilts! !

Zippo85

OK M8S W HAVE GOT :rhett: AND WE HAVE GOT :dsaber: ,

HELL WE HAVE EVEN GOT :saberb::saberg:

now all we nead is somone to Convert the existing saber hilts into a:

___----====MOD COMPATIBLE SABERHILT PACK====----___

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

So is anybody up to the challange?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've made myself a small hilt pack (I'm not planning on a release, I don't have the patience to make a preview for each saber). It currently contains Yoda's hilt, Dooku's hilt, Qui-Gon's hilt, Obi-Wan's padawan hilt, Plo-Koon's hilt and Darth Maul's hilt (which took me some bloody time and disassembly to find, it's not on jkii.net nor on jk2files.com).

From my romp through the saber archives I realized that some sabers support the mod and some don't. *Takes a deep breath* If a skin is composed of a single piece, it can be renamed to saber.jpg, no probs - It gets problematic however, when hilts like the high quality Mace Windu hilt or Darth Vadar's hilt, which are composed of more then one texture file, which means the only solution would be combining all of the skin files and refitting the skin onto the model.

Or in other words, BLEH :(

Still

The ones that work work great, grand job Dest! I'll just wait until someone more skillful then me to do it.

One last thing!

If you want (and you should, if you're serious about this pack thing) add Kyle's saber hilt to the selection menu, just add a folder called saber_kyle or something and leave it empty, it'll add the default Kyle hilt to the list.

Originally posted by Kn1ves

Well, I've made myself a small hilt pack (I'm not planning on a release, I don't have the patience to make a preview for each saber). It currently contains Yoda's hilt, Dooku's hilt, Qui-Gon's hilt, Obi-Wan's padawan hilt, Plo-Koon's hilt and Darth Maul's hilt (which took me some bloody time and disassembly to find, it's not on jkii.net nor on jk2files.com).

From my romp through the saber archives I realized that some sabers support the mod and some don't. *Takes a deep breath* If a skin is composed of a single piece, it can be renamed to saber.jpg, no probs - It gets problematic however, when hilts like the high quality Mace Windu hilt or Darth Vadar's hilt, which are composed of more then one texture file, which means the only solution would be combining all of the skin files and refitting the skin onto the model.

Or in other words, BLEH :(

Still

The ones that work work great, grand job Dest! I'll just wait until someone more skillful then me to do it.

One last thing!

If you want (and you should, if you're serious about this pack thing) add Kyle's saber hilt to the selection menu, just add a folder called saber_kyle or something and leave it empty, it'll add the default Kyle hilt to the list.

dont spose you could give me a hand ive tried to make yoda and maul sabers work with it but the textures just look odd (they either are not aligned properly or are not there at all, not sure which. either way they are wrong)

Could you tell me exactly what you have in each pk3. filenames directory names and stuff so i can where im going wrong

The link works, but the models ALL appear unskinned. Also they use kyles default texture, dest this seems to be a bug, tried converting before ever looking on the foums and came up with the same problem, dooku, quigons and plokoon are the 3 ive tried on my own (quite easily done i might add) and they all used kyles default texture. Kind of hard to see on the dooku hilt but on koon and quigon its very easy to see that theyre using kyles. I tried renaming the texture files to saber_quigon (dooku and koon), but no success.. Anyone know how to fix this?

Archived