Home

Jedimod Hilts! !

Zippo85

Originally posted by Darth-Nasty

I have found the best site for lightsaber references and lightsaber selection pics:

http://www.thelightsaber.com/history1.htm

it has pictures of every lightsaber and each has a surrounding glow based on its blade colour

if these are rotated they would make perfect saber menu pictures!

Yes, that's where I got some of the pictures for the HUDs I am making.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garik Loran, why dont you use renders of the actual saber models themselves instead of pictures of what the models represent?

You can get a much better idea of what the hilt looks like as well as with a model viewer you can view it at any angle you like.

Something to consider, at least

Well, I do this when there is no high quality image of a real life hilt, but when I have these pictures I use them, because you get better chrome effects and less "pixeling" edges.

It's not that the authors hilts are not good enough, the opposite is true. When the saber is good enough you get am accurate preview of what the saber hilt lools like by looking at a real photo.

I just think this way it looks better. My opinion.

Um. I'm having a problem whenever I use lightsabers with the saber.tga texture (i.es yoda's) being that the textures appear distorted. Does anybody have a solution. Is this another one of those situations where the glm file is looking fir the texture in the default saber folder and using the kyle saber texture?

Has this point been brought up already and I've just overlooked it, because this seems to be a major problem.

Hey, I figured I could add more to this party. I made 2 more lightsabers, Sariss's from Jedi Knight and Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber from the time he turned to the Darkside in Dark Empire.

http://www.havenofrags.com/quamosity/jk2/saber_sariss.jpg

http://www.havenofrags.com/quamosity/jk2/saber_lukeDE2.jpg

The luke saber is getting a nicer skin, courtesy of Inflames :D and will be included shortly. I just wanted everyone to get a chance to play

http://www.havenofrags.com/quamosity/jk2/sabers/sabers_q_jedimodcompatible.zip

Enjoy!

-quamosity

When you change hilts to make them jedimod compatible dont just move the textures to saber/texture.jpg. Make sure to do the textures like saber_hiltname/texture.jpg and change the texture path in the glm file for the saber.

Keep up the great work people. You are all doing so well!.. :D

You are figuring things out on your own and making wonderful progress in leaps and bounds!... Providing the Jedi Outcast community with some outstanding productions.

You all deserve a pat on the back. From the talented artists, right down to the people who give them feedback. Be it positive or negative.

Bravo!

Keep up the great work people. You are all doing so well!.. :D

You are figuring things out on your own and making wonderful progress in leaps and bounds!... Providing the Jedi Outcast community with some outstanding productions.

You all deserve a pat on the back. From the talented artists, right down to the people who give them feedback. Be it positive or negative.

Bravo!

##########################################

THIS IS AN EXACT COPY OF THE FILE INCLUDED IN JEDIMOD++V2.2 REGARDING MODELLING AND COMPILING METHODS TO CREATE COMPATIBLE LIGHTSABER HILTS. ARTISTS, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND COMPLY!

##########################################

Most hilt models, as they are will not work with this mod. They must be modified and hiltmakers will probably start releasing hilts that are compatible with this mod. Look for something that says *mod compatible* or *compatible with hilt selection mods* or something in the readme file for newly released hilts.

If you are a hilt modeler please read this:

In order for selectable hilts to work, the hilt pk3 files must be modified. Instead of putting the glm, md3, and texture in the models/weapons2/saber/ directory they must be put in models/weapons2/saber_hiltname/ directory. So if you were making a saber hilt for yoda you might have this in the pk3

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/saber_w.glm

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/saber_w.md3

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/saber.jpg (the texture)

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/w_icon_lightsaber.tga

(for the icon in the bar at the bottom when you change weapons. I didn't really include this in my mod because it crashed everytime I tried to load the new icon but other mod makers may find a way to fix that.)

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga

(for the icon in hilt selection bar)

players could then type hilt yoda in the console to get the yoda hilt in their right hand.

Basically you put everything in a saber_hiltname directory like saber_yoda, saber_vader, saber_myhilt, etc.

Other mod makers will be using this naming system too. I know that NickR will be doing this in his mod. My mod is opensource so other mods will probably include this later on.

This will make saber hilts actually useful!

Please include something in your readme that tells people that this hilt is compatible with mods. Something like *mod compatible* or *compatible with hilt selection mods*

Ok I've tried to do all this stuff but nothing works. I recolored the texture for the yoda lightsaber but it dosn't work. The original yodasaber texture appears. Psynex, Kman and myself have made a yodaghost skin and we now want a yoda ghost saber. I've got the yodagostsaber file if someone can help And can fix this for us please let me know so I can send you the file. Thanks.

By the way here is the pics so far.

http://www.geocities.com/darkness_112000/yodaghost.html

Hey all, I've compiled several of the best saber hilts that have been released on jk2files.com and jediknightii.net and converted them to work with JEDIMOD v1.1 and JEDIPLUS v3.0

In the Player Setup menu each saber has its own custom icon.

I created HUD icons for each saber for all the 5 saber styles and

an icon for the weapon HUD selection menu. The main problem is that the mods don't update the gfx\hud\ for each newly selected hilts. hopefully next release of mods will resolve this issue...

but when they do this mod should work, all the files are in the saber pack's pk3 files.

The hilt pack can be previewed and downloaded from

http://www.vandamme.iwarp.com/jkii/hilt_pack

Originally posted by funny_dude0

v1.2? you must be a little behind because they already have JediMod 2.2 and 3.0 ++.

Oh dear funny_dude you really have made a fool of yerself

telling dest that he has an old version of jedimod:D

dest i think this goes to show youve gotta make the other people change their mod name

Archived