Home

Do you think getting rid of Guns will make you safe?

TheWhiteRaider

Will removing guns make you safe.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Will removing guns make you safe.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

...but it will happen much less often. Do you think someone would rob people by yelling "Give me your money, or I will run drive over you and poison your food!"

Uh . . . have you ever herd of muggers using knifes and not guns?

Knifes are just as effective!

...but it will happen much less often. Do you think someone would rob people by yelling "Give me your money, or I will run drive over you and poison your food!"

If you remove the gun... they will move from the use of the gun to other weapons... and a few will still get guns... and dont forget any thing can be used as a deadly weapon if its put in the right hands...

Taking away guns will make it safer, it will become harder to get guns, therefor, less people will have guns, therefor less shootings will occur. Having a gun to 'protect' oneself is plain stupit, you cant use a gun to stop other bullets, the only thing a gun will do is agitate the one pointing one at you already and make him shoot you out of agitation. BTW, is it THAT bad to lose your money once by being mugged instead of shooting to kill?

Then why do they not use knifes? After all I know, they are much cheaper.

If I could ran up to someone with a knife... that person could pull out a gun and shoot me dead in my tracks... so those that shot first see it as I dont want them to have the chance... trust me... having a gun or a knife makes little diffrence when it comes to stealling mugging drive by shootings or any thing else like that...

a gun can kill from a distance ... the other person doesnt have to see u ... therefore they cannot react

a knife makes u come close ... this takes more guts

cowards can use guns ... u dont even have to look the other person in the face be4 u kill em

guns are deadly ..... sure its the stupid person behind them that kills .... but theres no reason to give said stupid people ANOTHER way of killing people

edit: also its easier to kill with a gun .... than nething else ... so they should be banned

Originally posted by Camus

If I could ran up to someone with a knife... that person could pull out a gun and shoot me dead in my tracks... so those that shot first see it as I dont want them to have the chance... trust me... having a gun or a knife makes little diffrence when it comes to stealling mugging drive by shootings or any thing else like that...

camus so ur saying ... i must have a gun ... cos sum1 else might have a gun

thats a guns for guns sake argument VERY bad argument

sure criminals will get guns ... thats no reason to make it easy for em

thats like lining 1/2 ur army up on a hill to get shot .... cos theyre gonna get killed neway (1/2s a bit much but makes my point)

edit: yeah camus bombs can kill ... THATS Y WE DONT GO AROUND GIVING THEM TO PEOPLE

Originally posted by Camus

... ehem... You people forgot about bombs... I could make a pipe bomb out of house hold things... Which I hate to say this but... a gun is easy to kill with but a bomb can kill more people even easyer...

Well, have you ever seen a mugger with grenade?

Originally posted by Darth Clem

if they werent so easy to get the average law abiding person would be less likely to need it

true... I am a believer in gun liciening... I dont believe in removing all of them though... Just restriction on easy it is to get one...

theyre not banned in the uk (close but not completely)

as far as i know .... u cant get a license for nething above a 0.22 calibre ... and nothing automatic

bigger guns can however be used at licensed gun clubs

correct me if im wrong

Originally posted by ToppDog

It's better to have one & not need it, than to need one & not have it.

But the best is to not have one & not need it.

If you have one it is more likely that you will need it (wich is not a good thing)

Archived