Home

Aces High Cantina

Sckitzo

*Gets up and walks over to the man in rags*

Thew: (In a cheerful tone) Nice to meet you sir.

*Holds out his hand for a hand shake revealing some credits in the process. Then he moves a bit closer to the man.

Thew: (In almost a whisper) This ones on me, get yourself a drink, and some decent clothes too for that matter.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thew returns from the man's table

Varan

Ever the do-gooder...

Thew

Yeah yeah....so are you in or our Varan?

Varan

As long as we're settled on 10,000 I'm in.

Thew

Like I said, I can pay it but most of it is on the ship.

Varan

That's fine, I know you well enough to know that you aren't lying. Meet me back here in two days time, that should be enough time to plan my entrance and steal the ship. See you then.

Varan promptly gets up and leaves, leaving four mugs turned upside down at the bar. He picks up all of his wweapons and exits the bar.

ooc:To sckitzo I just wanted to thank you for your helpful advise and your kindness i will try to act upon what you have said.

After Veran leaves thew the man in the rags orders a drink stands up from the bar and walks over to Thew and intoduces himself.

Kylco: Hello my name is Kylco and would simple like to thank you for your generosity and wish there was more men like you. See its hard to get bye with nothing but a few credits. (He stops there and waits for a responce.)

IC:

Thew: Yeah well, I haven't had to much good luck lately either. I'm a bounty hunter, but I haven't been able to get a lucrative job in almost a year. With all the elites like Fett, Bossk, and Dengar running around the high paying customers won't even talk to me. On top of that the local Imperials have my ship impounded for smuggling spice. Luckily Varan one of my former associates has agreed to get it back for me. Well that's my story anyway, what about you?

IC:

Well I was once a well respected business leader and had more money than i knew what to do with untill I picked up a little gambling problem. Sabacc was probly my favorite. I won oce or twice and pritty much stayed even. Then one night I got carried away and bet it all unfortunatly I lost. I had to give away everything I ever owned sell my business and house and was left with nothing but a few credits and now Im as poor as poor can be.

OOC

No problem Kylco, always glad to help.

IC

The Twi`elk waitress saunters over to Thews table to take there order. Waiting for him and what appeared to be a papur to finish there conversation.

Cyn.

Whats your posion?

Thew (hope this is alright)

Umm, just another ale

Cyn

Alright, and you sir? she asks turing to the man in rags.

The man looks at his feeble number of credits, and mutters something. "Its alright" she says this ones on hte house.

She writes out there ticket rips it off and hand it to Thew. He glances down at it and notices somehting else written on the paper. It reads

" I couldnt help over hearing your predictment, if you need any help in retreving your property, I have a few frineds that can help you out"

OOC. Im setting this up for a fight scene so fari warning =) the boards need a little excitment. So ill try and be on if you want to take your ship back if not and I cant get on or you dont want to fight it out ill let you deal with it =)

IC.

Cyn, busy leaning over and talking to a customer near the bar when Thew appraocehs and asks

Thew

I might be interested in these friends of yours. How can I get in contact with them?

Cyn

She, stands up and nods her head towards a room behind the counter, follow me, im sure we have that year of whiskey she says louder. Smiles and nods at the patrons near her and makes her way towards the room. Thew followed the Twi`elk back behind the counter and entered as she held open the door and followed him in,

"May I introduce you to my, compratiots" she says pointing to a group of people playing what appeared to be Sabbac around a table. There sitting where 3 humans two males and one female and a male bothan, with a silverish borwnish fur that rippled when the door was opend.

"Thew, may I present Alexi Arhoun, Lieutenant of the local Rebel Cell."

((OOC: Excuse me, but Varan is already getting the ship. Sorry if I was too vague, but by saying "meet me back here in two days time, that should give me enough time to plan my attack and steal the ship" I figured you would be able to understand that I was already in the process of getting the ship.))

OOC: Don't worry Varan's job isn't in danger. I'm not talking to these people for my ship, I just want some contacts for future employment.

IC: A look of disapointment flushes over Thew's face.

Thew: Rebels eh? Sorry but I don't think I want to get involved. I'm trying to stay neutral about this whole thing. I don't like the Empire thats for sure, but I'm not gonna be marked for treason by joining you.

OOC: Sckitzo I might still take a job from the Rebels if they have one to offer though.

OCC Galagoth, dont worry I wasnt taking your Job I was offering the two of you help, it isnt easy to take a ship back, somehitng one person cant do. This inst a back water world its Corellia, but if you dont want help of some Npcs thats cool =) but yeah Galagoth I was going to have her talk to both of you, but you left the Cantina =/ so sorry eh?

IC

Lt.

"Trying to stay neutral?, there is no neutral anymore, the Empire is a festering wound on the body of the galaxy and it most be removed. Where not asking you to join us we jsut figured youd want a little help with man power and a way into the base. Becuase, unless im very mistaken youll need that sort of help. If not then no harm no foul and if you change your mind, just contact Cyn shell know where to find me."

OCC

In case you cant tell this is more of an "extremist" Rebel so if you converse with him have fun with theat little quirk =).

IC: Look I don't like the Empire either, but to them your just a festering wound too. I don't want to get involved in this sort of thing. Thanks for the offer but I'm sure my friend Varan can handle it. I sounds like you want to go in blasting and I'd prefer to keep this low key. Anyway if you ever need a bounty hunter get in touch with me.

*Gets up to head back to table*

OOC: You said something about a fight Sckitzo?

((OOC: Ok guys, this seems like a good time for a time warp. ::Gaalgoth takes a jump to his left, a step to his right, puts his hands on his hips, pulls his knees in tight and thrusts his pelvis:: ))

Two days have passed.

As Thew sits at the table drinking yet another mug of ale, he hears footsteps behind him.

Varan

Someone needed a ship?

Thew turns around

Thew

You weren't kidding when you said you'd be back in two days, were you?

Varan

Hey, I meet my deadlines.

Thew

Well where is the ship?

Varan

It's in a rebel base.

Thew's face pales

Thew

Varan, I thought you knew I liked to stay neutral...

Varan

Chill out sparky, I stole the ship from an Imperial base. A rebel base is the best place to hide it; those rebels will do anything to stick a thorn in the Imperial's side and you can be sure that they'll defend the ship with their lives. They'll never hand it over.

Thew

Well if you're sure.

Varan

I'm sure.

Varan sits down next to Thew and sees Cyn walk by.

Varan

A few more mugs of ale.

Cyn nods and walks towards the bar.

IC: Cyn returns with the drinks.

Thew: (In a more hushed tone) So, Cyn when can I go see your friends, about my ship.

Cyn: Right now if you'd like.

Thew: Hold on.

*Walks over to where Kylco's sitting*

Thew: Come with me, I may just have a job for you.

Kylco: Ok, might this involve money?

Thew: Most likely.

*Walks back over to Varan*

Thew: Hey Varan are you gonna come along?

OCC: I hope thats ok Sckitzo and Kylco, I just wanted to speed things along a bit.

((OOC: Thew just keep in mind that your ship has been retrieved))

Varan looks at his two remaining mugs of ale.

Varan

Yeah just give me a sec.

Taking a mug in each hand Varan drains both.

Varan

Ok, now I'm ready. So who's the guy in rags?

OCC:

Yeah its fine, I was just goin to write a battle scene to give some people some interasting things to read =) if you still want me to just post a little bout your chacters and there personailites. would tehy use stun, kill a hostage protect a hostage ect. And if you wanted there to have been a fire fight or nice an quite and who was there. Or if you dont want me to write one thats fine to =) just say so either way.

IC.

Cyn nods and brings those who follow to the same back room. As she holfs open the door and Thew enters he only sees the LT. and a few others scattered about. The LT. is sitting behind a desk talking on a local lan line to someone, see Thew enters and shortly hangs up the reciver.

Extremeist

Well we have your ship back" he says as Thew walks over.

"please have a seat" "Here" he says poinintg to a datapad

"is the location of your property, quite a beauty there, thanksfully we got her hidden with out to much trouble, youll have to thank your frined Varan for that." he says then with a grin that vergerd on sadistic "for us that is, they local Imps will be having kittens I hear the local Moff is making a tour of the base."

"Also, on the pad, is a list of items we find on the ship, it should all be there. Also here" and he hands Thew at waht at first glance appears to be a local comlink, "That comlink" he says "has a built in scrambler and a boosted range, so if you ever need out help again, this use it and we'll see what we can do."

Thew

"Insert comment here"

Varan slinks in behind Thew.

Varan whispering to Thew

See, I told you that they'd defend it well.

Extremist

What was that?

Varan

Oh nothing, just a little friend to friend chit-chat.

Extremist

I see.....Well be sure to use that comlink if you need us.

Varan whispering to Thew again

Yeah, and be sure to check it for tracking bugs.

((OOC: Oh and sckitzo, if you were to take control of Varan he'd kill in just about any situation and would shoot the hostage if he had too, assuming the hostage was not valuable to him as a source of income or an ally. If you have a problem with his actions, think "What Would Pliskin Do?" Pliskin as in Snake Pliskin, from Escape from New York and Escape from LA. If you haven't seen those, well, just kill what you can. But unless it's unavoidable I would rather control him as much as possible, even if it makes battle scenes last longer. But if it's something that you have completely orchestrated, go ahead and do it.))

Yeah thats fine, I wasnt sure if youd want to bother with that ill start it up and well take turns bye it, ill do a section and you do a section. So that way ill jsut have to make passing coments about your chacter and you can go into more detail.

OOC: Sckitzo my character probably would not be the type to kill a hostage. He might stun or knock one out, but would only kill one if it were absolutely nessacary, on if he had something against them.

IC: Thew: I'll be sure to do that. Oh yeah, and before you asked about the guy in rags Varan. He said he used to be a big time executive or something like that. Then he got in to sabacc and lost his fortune. Anyway I figured he might be able to get me some good jobs. Those gamblers are known to run with the money when they loose.

*Looks at the Rebel leader*

Thew: Thanks a lot for the help. If you ever need a bounty hunter just contact me I'll give you a discounted price.

*Gets up to leave*

OOC: I'm a bit confused about this whole fight or whatever, but consider me in.

OCC umm the fights pretty much jsut a read and give us something interasting to do, il lstart it later tonight maybein a differnet thread and you both can post on it, pretty much consenrating on your chacter.

IC

LT.

"Ill mkae sure I do that"

ooc:sry i havent posted in a while ive been way to busy and well now im kinda lost even after i read it the thx for the job offer and ill have to ask you what it is only you ppl are at another area so like i cant really so if you can kinda tell me when is a good time that would be great

OOC:The guy in rags said "I've been away so sorry I haven't posted. I read everything that's happened since I've been gone but I'm still kind of lost. Thanks for the job offer, I'll have my character ask about it, but since you guys are in the back room right now I guess I'll have to wait. When would be a good time to ask your character about it?" That's pretty much what he said, anyway here goes.

IC: A man enters the bar, his green eyes alert and watchful. His hair is black as pitch and hangs halfway down his cheeks. He steps through and hands the droid his weapons, concealed and visible. Several small blasters, a few thermal detonators and a vibroblade, a blaster rifle and a small tranqualizer gun. He steps through the detector to no great happening and proceeds to the bar. He waits a minute or two surveying the bar and waits to order. When he feels he has looked around enough he turns to the bartender and orders a Corellian ale. He sits drinking it, his ears eager to pick up stray bits of conversation that might be of use to him.

Three men in Imperial uniform walk in, arms over each others shoulders ovbiously in the mood for celebrating. Walking through the scanner no alarm is raised this is a lawful world, in most part, and barely a kilometre away from their base three Imperial pilots have no need for weapons.

"Come on Killer I owe ya a drink"

"I still can't beleive it our first action and not one but TWO kills"

"Heh well they were only Y-wings. Ahhh who am I kidding I vaped them Rebs gooood"

All three broke out in laughs as they made their way to the nearest table. The joking continued until the waitress arrived an inquisitive look being all that was needed.

"Three Corellian Whiskeys please" As he looked up at the Twilek with what he hoped was a charming grin. His clipped upper class accent, straight back complimented the clean dark grey Imperial uniform with its glistening insignia.

The Waitress nodded catching his eyes for a second, smiled and moved off to get the drinks the man not quite yelling out Thanks while his freinds sniggered behind him while the young officer blushed. Turning around he began to recount his feat with exagerrated excited movements as he played out the manuevering with his hands his freinds jumping in they had heard it five times already but still they grinned and laughed.

The man looks over and sees the imperials sit down and order 3 whiskeys. He gets up slowly and walks to the barmaid.

Jaym

Put those on my tab.

Barmaid

Allright.

He walks over to the 4 person booth and sits down next to the pilot who seems to be the hero of the night.

Jaym

Hello, my name is Jaym, I have been working for the Empire as a bounty hunter for five years and they have yet to dissappoint me. I am now ready to make a more active roll in aiding the Empire, when you all leave tonight, perhaps I could accompany you to the nearby base and enroll in the service of the emporer?

The barmaid returns with the 3 whiskeys and an ale for Jaym, the three pilots are confused when the barmaid walks off without collecting the pay and Jaym speaks up.

Jaym

Those are on me.

He pushes each of them a drink and sits, waiting for their answer.

Archived