Home

Aces High Cantina

Sckitzo

Set on a busy byway in a midd level skyscraper in the captial city of the planet Coreillia sits, The Aces High. A local pub. uan by a middle age human and his wife. It sits near an Imperail naval base, but it cators to all species, though its main flow of customers comes in the form of figher jocks from the nearby base.

As you open the heavy doors you notice a holographic sign, displaying the following.

Rules

All are welcome.

No weapons.

No fighting.

Only Imperial Credit is acceptated.

As you pass through the weapons locker, and then the scanner. To make sure you didnt "forget" to deposit anything. You are immeresed in a well lit room. Full of booths a few tables and the main bar. The bartender, also the owner gives you a wary eye as you enter the bar, but is soon distracted by something else.

Most of the patrons are human given the area. But there is a handfull of non-humans. A female Twi`elk, her skin a light blue, serves a table nearby and gives you a nod as she passes by. The rest of the waitresses and waiters go about there buisness, clearing tables and bringing drinks.

You notice a table nearby full of men in imperial uniform, but theryapparently off duty. There talking loduly and more than a glass of correlian ale is spilled. There are more pastrons scattered around in both booths and tables. The seats at bar are mostly full, thoguh there is a few open seats. There is a droid in the corner that when approached and asked will play 2 songs of your choice for one credit.

The bar is fully stocked, with its specaility being Correlian Ale. You may also order meals, and there is a limited number of rooms avaible above the bar.

OCC

this is a place for chacters to meet and roleplay feel free to describe as you wish but please keep to the format I have designated. ANd there is absolutely no fighting in the cantina, if a fight does happen to break out break out, Stormtroopers or MP 's will arrive shortly, due to there proximity to the local base. Enjoy =)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOC: Well the other cantina thread died so i guess I'lll try my character here. Oh, yeah and by the way, no bouncer?

IC: A human of medium hieght strides in through the door. He has short brown hair and is wearing a long overcoat over some chest armor. He looks at the sign and removes twos blaster pistols from their holsters under each arm. After gently placing the pistols in the locker he walks through the scanner. As he walks through the scanner it goes off. He curses then removes a vibro-blade from the back of his belt. Then he heads up to the bar and orders a mug of Corellian ale.

OOC: yeah, that one did kinda die. I duno, the hunt sounded better as an idea then it did in actuality i guess =)

IC

A thin, wiry, middle-aged zabrak jauntily strolls into the bar. He has on a heavy brown overcoat and dark grey medium grade body armor on underneath. A large rifle is slung over his left shoulder. Dirt is caked to his boots, and he stomps his feet once he reachese the locker so as to knock off some of the dirt.

Varan

How are you doing today beautiful?

The droid behind the glass replies in a robotic drone.

Droid

Please deposit weapons.

Varan laughs and begins removing his weapons. Two modified D-44's, two vibro-blades a foot long each, a smaller pistol from his left boot, a wrist mounted dart launcher from his right wrist and finally his rifle. The droid takes them all and places them in a deposit bin, then gives the zabrak a key card. Varan walks through the scanner, which doesn't go off. He walks towards the bar. He sits down next to the human.

Varan

I like the outfit. Name's Varan, freelance bounty hunter.

Bartender

Varan Ashard?

Varan

The one and only.

Bartender

I thought you were the bouncer at the All-nighter

Varan

Yeah, well, things change. The love of the hunt got back into me. Anyways, get me three mugs of your finest ale.

Varan then begins to drink the first mug.

As the stragner askes hte bartender. What no Bouncer. The plump man points aobve his head to a sign reading.

"Help Wanted".

A Young man, dressed in a impecable Imperail pilots uniform enters the bar, nods to the waitress as she passes by and joins his nosiy companians at the nearby table.

Varan

Ha! From some Imperials? No problem. See, people have this notion that the Empire is all powerful...and maybe the rumors are true about them being involved with the sith and what not, but look over at that table.

Varan gestures towards the table of drunken troopers

Varan

They're just men who are hiding behind their pretty suits. Most of them aren't even that talented as soldiers. I'll get it back for you, but I am going to have to charge you.

((OOC: Time gaps like a whole year are dangerous, since you don't know what might have happened in RPGs in the lesser timeframe. I've done this before in other RPGs and it doesn't often end well, because it assumes an ending for the previous RPGs which might not have happened and usually doesn't.

Of course, this could always be an alternate universe.

In other news, I'm still brain dead so I ain't joining this RPG yet. :D

But I'll be happy to continue with Hunt for Donga if anyone else will. ^_^))

occ

how do i make this sticky?

IC

over at the imperail table. The drunken troopers are continually getting two thing drunk and more drunk. Then the inevatble happend one of the soldiers, about 19, light haired and still a few frekels (sp?) and also about 4 empty tankards in front of him, starts yelling at what appears to be two humanoids one a zabrak, thin fellow and the other a human in a long coat. They both ignored the drunken fool and continued on wiht tehre business, while his buddies try, unsuccesfuly to calm him down, but before they could subdue him he picked up one of the empty tankards and threw it at the the table. Thankfully in his inebrated state he missed the people but did manage to knock a few drinks off there table.

This got a few head turns from the customers. By this time the drunken trooper had broken free from his grasp and was on his feet yelling at the pair at the table, the bartender was starting to get nervous and glanced at a back table where more imperials sat. But before he could say anyhting one of them was on his feet, shoved the junior troopers aside and grabbed ahold of the greenie. In a move that would praobly end the boy his carrer he decided to take a swing at the officer. The clumbsey blow did magae to land. But the officer's reutrn blow landed hard, straight on the poor boys jaw. Knoking him back onto a empty table scattering the empty galsses on it. The now unconsious trooper layed bent backwards over a table.

Wiping some blood from his lip with a napkin he spoke to the remaing enlsited personel at the table, and they quickly threw some hastey salutes and high tailed it toward the door. They where about half way there untill the officer cleared his throat, they looked back puzzeled and he galnced at the snoring man bent backwards over the table. Realizing what he was refearing to, two of them ran forward grabbed him under the arms. And threw salutes once more, but in there haste managed to drop there parcell so they had to repick him up, recived there return salute and high tailed it out the door.

He made his way to the table that was attacked, but first saying a few words with the bartender and after what appeared to be a credit exchange the overweight man reluctenly put down his comlink and went back to cleaning the bar. He continued on the way towards the Zabraks table dabbing at his slit lip until he reached the table. He walked up and in a thick corelian accent said.

" I am dreadfully sorry about the incident, I have paid for your drinks, and another round also. So please do not let this reflect badly upon the local bases image the boy will be punished... he paused once more dotting his lip.... quite severly. So please accept my appoligies he said holding out his hand to the closer of the two."

occ. had to liven it up a bit.

Varan grins broadly

Varan

No problem sir, I'll always accept a free drink. It's been a pleasure.

Officer

Yes, well then I suppose that will be all. Thank you for understanding.

Varan makes an over exaggerated salute as the officer leaves the bar.

Varan

No, thank you.

As Varan lowers his hand from the salute, he reveals in his hand a keycard he had pickpocketed off of the officer. Level 7 clearance is written on it.

Varan

Well this should make things easier on me. Now as for price, we've worked together in the past so I'll cut you a deal. say 10000 credits? After all, the Imperials may be stupid, but there will be a lot of them.

((OOC: yeah, a year might be long, but who cares, this is just for fun. If it were any shorter then it would be odd that we would be meeting up again so soon as we went our seperate ways. If the other rpg finishes or a controversy comes up, we can always change the time length. And you can barter with that price, just a figure that I think would be a deal.))

The waitress, after watching the makings of a bar brawl, stopped by a imperail officer, a rather cute one actaully. So she decided, "Might as well earn my pay." and was making her way over there, after being acosted by a surly looking human.

Upon aproaching the table she said "Whats your posion love?"

With out looking up, ordered his drink, and she went on through the table taking orders. Most of them where happy just to order, but one. "Suppremist" she guessed got lippy with her. Then the officer a Colonel, said in a thick accent. Your lucky you never served under Thrawn.

Rascist

Ahh that anilen piece of trash isnt worth the uniform he has on, it no wonder the Emperor stuck him out in the outer rims.

Wraith

Im sure you mean Vice Admiral Thrawn. he said the rank especailly was rather frosty. And the man is a genius, alien or not hes one of the best commanders out there. I should know, I servered under him.

Rascist

"Yeah" he said morosely. "What ever you say"

The waitress finished her orders after the little dispute and set out to reach hte drinks. While doing so slipping the mans credit pouch into her apron. Grinning to her self thinking. "Servers him right, shouldnt have leaned over the table infront on me."

A heated, though one-sided argument preceded the shabbily dressed man entering the cantina. His scowl and red face, along with the white knuckles that grip the pistol in its leg holster reveal him to be in a bad mood.

He absently discards his sidearm and strides through the scanner. He had taken a couple of steps before the klaxon alarm alerted everyone to his concealed weaponry. His scowl shifted to accommodate an irritated growl, before back stepping and arching his back to cover his attempts to deposit his more illicit items.

As he re-entered, with no alarm accompanying him he took a moment to allow his eyes to re-adjust to the diffuse light from the neon strip lighting. He quite blatantly appeared to be appraising the patrons.

The table of Imperials, getting juiced on Corellian Ale earned a derisive sniff. The tables of mixed races, especially the more exotic types forced a wry smile to his lower face, though the smile failed to reach his eyes. They continued to glower with irritation.

He started slapping at the many pockets and pouches under a voluminous coat, finally drawing a fistful of credit chips. His fingers danced through them till he found a few that would satisfy him, and made his way to the bar. His route took him past the blue Twi’Lek waitress.

“Nice pair.” He whispered lasciviously. Her head whipped round in reproach. “Of tails darling.” He flapped his hands behind his ears to indicate he was referring to her Lekku. “What else?” He winked before docking at one the bars high seats.

“Now.” He declared loudly, and clapped his hands together. “Who do I have to speak to, to get a good whiskey round here?”

Ooc; Just doing a mate a favour. You know who you are. ;)

ooc:I'm new at this so cut me some slack.

A short thin man walks through the door of the pub. He's wearing not much of what we call clothes more like thrown away rags sowen together with thread. He has long brown hair that probly hasn't been cut in months. He has bright blue eyes and dirty skin. He turns to the druid and shrugs, then moves no hes walks through the scanner and nothing happens. He continues to the bar and sits down doesnt look and anyone or anything. He orders the cheapest meal there and pays with everything he has.

IC: The wiatress walks over the the foul tempered man who had just accosted her, she approaches the table and asks

"What'll be you preferance sir?"

Badmoodedman

"Just a ale, and make it snappy"

Cyn

"Right way sir."

K, not bad especially for a new person but ill give you some suggestions and you take take em or leave em as you will =)

one is be a bit more descriptive, you are somewhat but also describe the seeting around you, stuff like that. Show a bit more emotion usually helps. Also try t make the sentances flow, not as choppy, le tit flow all together also reread your post and dont be shy about changing it to your liking. Interact with other chacters where PC (player chacter) or NPC (nonplayer cahcter) but theres a few golden rules with this, especially with other peoples PC

1. Never kill another chacter

2. Dont start a fight, unless you talk with the cahcter first so that way you can act it out.

3. Dont steal from another chacter, youll notice I did above but it was an NPC thats usally acceptable.

4. Dont over power you chacters.

5. Dont take full control of someones chacter unless you know it real well and you have there permition, always give them a cahce to act, so you can start something but let them post next as an answer.

6 The most imporant one, HAVE FUN =) rember all this is only for fun, and if you have problems just ask most people are decent folk that will help you. But you will also occasioanly get flamed, but just shrug them off and keep going.

and some lingo incase you dont know it

IC=In Chacter (what your person says or does)

OOC= Out of chacter (what you as a human does like ask a question or what not)

Lol- laugh out loud (this ones for anybody who might not know it)

ROFLMAO= Roll on floor laughing my ass off

just some basic stuff for you, hope that helps =)

Archived