Home

JKRadiant compile problems

wedge2211

I switched JKRadiant to the MP entitiy set for the first time, build a basic map, and compiled. The compiler did not function...it didn't produce a nav or bsp file. I switched to the SP entitiy set and tried compiling, with the same result, and I tried one of my SP maps, again, no bsp. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Just to clarify what happened, because the problem is kind of ambiguous...

When I load a map and select "bsp FullVis," the DOS window pops up as it should and the following appears in the message bar:

==================

Running bsp command...

C:\Games\JEDIOU~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp C:\Games\Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/echostation.map

C:\Games\JEDIOU~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis C:\Games\Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/echostation.map

C:\Games\JEDIOU~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light C:\Games\Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/echostation.map

C:\Games\Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>C:\Games\JEDIOU~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp C:\Games\Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/echostation.map

SoF2Map v1.0c © 2000 Raven Software Inc.

---- BSP ----

usage: ...

C:\Games\Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>C:\Games\JEDIOU~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis C:\Games\Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/echostation.map

---- Vis ----

C:\Games\Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools>C:\Games\JEDIOU~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light C:\Games\Jedi Outcast\GameData\\base/maps/echostation.map

----- Lighting ----

completed.

Run time was 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds

==================

I know that NO map will ever take 0 seconds to compile, so I know this isn't actually doing what it says it's doing. Sometimes when I try it, it will say it took 1 or 2 seconds, but in all cases, I end up with the original .map file, a .bak file, and no .bsp or .nav file in my GameData/base/maps directory. Anyone have any ideas?

Archived