Home

JediMOD++ 3.0 suggestions for new features

DeadlyBOFH

Originally posted by DeadlyBOFH

2.0 and 2.1 were improperly named, but before 2.2, dest and I agreed on me using the name JediMOD++, because it is less confusing than what i used for 2.0 and 2.1. 2.0 and 2.1 have been destroyed and removed. and for 3.0 there was no reason to break the cycle so i left the name as JediMOD++

you mean the crappy mod of a mod cycle ? hmm...

I agree with remark buddy. Your wrong and you know it. He doesn't have to play 3.0. I've read all the posts in this thread. Everyone says you've hardly changed anything since the last one. You use Dest's name and add a couple plus signs and a higher number to try and make your's look like it's better, when it's not. I don't know how you do it, but you rip off his mod and somehow make it worse, even though you've "added to it." man you really SUCK!

Um, good comeback. Well, your right I haven't played it. That must mean it doesn't suck and you didn't rip off the name, right? Anyway, you should name it:

JediStupid - - v0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001

That way nobody will get confused and think it's good.

BOFH,

You are obvious very young and don't know what you're doing, so I suggest you rename the mod to something completely different for your next release so you won't be bothered anymore. If your mod is really that good then you'll have the same number of downloads under a DIFFERENT name. You've already caused enough crap.

Also, you defended it by saying: "people know this mod already, if i change the name, nobody will download it"

That shows that you depend on the name to carry you on and on...if your mod really shined, you would rename it happily.

Originally posted by ASk

Also, you defended it by saying: "people know this mod already, if i change the name, nobody will download it"

That shows that you depend on the name to carry you on and on...if your mod really shined, you would rename it happily.

but why would he do that ? that would defeat the whole purpose of the mods release o_0?

yes, I made my friend send it to me (didn't want to give you extra download ;)) and I've just tried it, it sucks even more then I've imagined, you press 1 and it switches to /twosaber, 1 again to /thedestroyer, 1 again and back, that's so ****ing annoying..also people pushing me all the time when I try to duel, a side swing killed me when I was on 100 health ? and no, the server hasn't changed g_saberdamagescake, it was defaulted

thanks for telling me to finally try, now I know every single thing I've said has been true...

JediMod Official 1.2 is getting released tonight, I've finished all the 45 hilts and Dest made the last changes (that he had time left), it's looking very good and balanced :)

Remark: you were playing on a 2.2 server..

Check out a 3.0 server.

Second, im changning the name next release... I just need to know what to change it to... Suggestions go under this..

(If no-one has a good suggestion 9/1/2002, the name will remain the same on release mid sept.)

How about JediModMod?

Well no guess that wouldn't be a truly great name...

- JediX (jediExtreme)

Well it's really hard. A mod like counterstrike has some new featured compared to HL, game modes and such... but jedimod right now gives a few minor modifications. Look at a mod like Style over substance... their name fits the mod. Look at JediMoves... the same. Also Jedistyles name fits the contents. Well I have no idea really.

SoS isn't that great, Dest can do ALL of that, he didn't because he "didn't want to steal someone elses idea" *cough* ironic *cough* AND he has to go to collage so he has no time :(

I suggest makeing the folder and name JediPlus, I can tell you 100% that if the name and folder are named JediPlus I'll even play it, right now it has the same folder JediMod, peeps think it's an update, they delet the old, and in with the new, they don't even know half the story behind it...then if something is wrong with 3.0 all the comment and bitching is going at Dest (and now me), if you named your mod JediPlus this and any future "flames" WILL be stoped from me, deal ?

doesn't have to be JediPlus, as long as it's not near JediMod

hey guys, look at what our famous BOFH thinks about JediMod 1.2, isn't he nice

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4355&action=expand#42311

here, if you don't want to read all that

BOFH #56 - 1.2 blows - Posted by: Guest (24-29-113-210.nyc.rr.com) on 08-05-2002 at 18:23

Everyone, 1.2 blows... Jesus, the hilt pack sucks because the icons are so damned dark. I've played JediMOD through 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, and 1.2

Ya know what.. the higher the version number the better.. **** 1.2

and here Dest writes

Dest #62 - Guess who posted #56 - Posted by: Guest (123.84.35.65.cfl.rr.com) on 08-05-2002 at 20:44

the ip that posted comment #56: 24-29-113-210.nyc.rr.com

bofh's ip off of irc:

BOFH is hoffmanj@24-29-113-210.nyc.rr.com * Guitarist

BOFH on #jediknight

notice some simliarities? He sure is a pissy one. He doesn't seem to realize that people wouldn't download his mod if it didnt include mine. Wonder why he posted as a guest....

and here is what I say

remark #666 - **** You BOFH!!!! lammer

This is horrible, I really did think these were one in the same. The readme was pretty much exactly the same as jedi mods, besides a few lines. There was Jedi Mod (the real thing ), then there came an update or so, then I saw Jedi Mod ++3.0, and I really though it was one in the same due to the very similar name, and the things that made Jedi Mod so famous. Jedi mod ++ 3.0 is replacing Jedi mod on some servers....

I really think this is a horrible thing to do. So many people are getting mixed up and just plain pissed off. I saw a bunch of Jedi mod stuff, and franically I was like wtf? Why so many releases? I know it was foolish mistake, although they seemed so similar that I thought it was a mere update, and since you see Jedi MOD 1.2, and Jedi Mod++ 3.0, you think 3.0 is somewhat better than 1.2......just my two cents.

Archived