Home

IS THIS POSSIBLE (please please look)

Enjoi9187

http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/starwars/characters.htm

now all these models you can downlaod and putin 3ds max, so since these were made in max (like all the other models here) could someone convert these to use in jk2? not all of the but like the x-wing pilot, and the tusken raider, the reason i ask is becuase look at the jar jar binks model, it looks EXACTLY like the one playable in jk2. (most noticably the feet) so is that possible?

These models were designed to have as high of a polygon count as possible given the source. They probably have about the same detail, or maybe less than the 3D models used by ILM in the SW movies.

Models for games need to be heavily optimized to fit in under 1,000-2,000 polygons for rendering several of them 50 or 60 times per second. It probably took hours to render a single frame of those pod racers in 3DS Max.

That's a great idea, Psyk0Sith. I hadn't thought of that, at all.

Of course, it's still not a shortcut to a "free" model.

That Jar Jar mesh is very different from the one in the game, anyways. The feet are the same because, guess what, they're both models of Jar Jar Binks!

Sorry. :p

Originally posted by Enjoi9187

btw you shold be able to use some, because i am convinced that jar jar there id the on e made into a model

i hope you arent suggesting that major clod's jarjar came from that site

he is highly respected modeler round here and you are sugesting that he stole a model and claimed it was his own

if i were you i'd think twice before making comments like that

High poly models are virtually impossible to optimise down to a suitable polycount for a game. No matter what optimising tools you use, a model will not look too great if it has had its polycount cut by 90%. Besides, high details models like those use techinques such as bump and specular mapping, which we are unable to use in the JK2 game engine, so the textures would have to be completely redone with those details put in. It would be much easier to start a model from scratch

The Jar Jar model on that site is completely different to my own. Take a look at the mesh, skin maps, you can easily see the difference.

Archived