Home

Why do most people hate EMI?

• 2 weeks later...

Story - It was pretty bad. The Ozzy fellow didn't cut it to be a villian. It should just be LeChuck and Guybrush. And revealing the SMI was bad too.

Character development- For me, character development has been going waaaay downhill in LucasArts games. For example, the blind guy with the cold. What's so great about him? He wasn't funny at all and it seems that the fact that he is blind and has a cold just felt that it was thrown in there just for the sake of the puzzles. Unlike Maaad Marty from MI2 who had a hard time hearing makes the character more interesting, therefore, humorous. And of course, the rest of the characters in EMI were bad too like the stick guy, bank people, etc.

Jokes - were pretty lame. I harldy laughed during the game.

Graphics- It would be better if they sticked with 2D.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, 4th level? Is this a bad attempt at humour, or are you just trying to confuse us? 2nd, who ever said that the Monkey Robot was THE secret of MI? It could merely be an amusing sidetrack on our way to finally discovering the true secret. I don't know what people had against Ozzy as the villan. Personally, I thought that the whole "OK, Lechuck is here, he want's to kill you" scenario was getting a bit tired. Good job on mixing it up a bit. I don't know what everyone's problem with the controls was. I never had any problems. I played through it twice, once on keyboard, once with a gamepad, still no issues.

The only thing I didn't like about the game was having to mimic LeChuck at the end. Other than that, I found it nearly flawless. All you people need to open up your minds and accept that we now run games where you have to look hard to see a pixel stand out, and where controls have to be transferred to a 3D environment.

Personally, I think that if MI4 had been released outside of the series, we wouldn't need to be debating this. If it were not an MI game, with techno-geezers to whine about the good old days, it would have been hailed as one of the smartest and funniest games on the market to date.

Bitch all you want, computer-fossils, I'm gonna enjoy the games that are coming, as well as replay the old ones. In the end, I will get infinetly more enjoyment out of these, because I, like the person who started this thread, am not bolted down to the traditions of point-n-click gaming.

Enjoy your disco and bell-bottoms, I'm off to live in the present, not the past.

I've done better than learn to live with it, I can now completely tone it out. I came to this forum because I loved MI 4 and I was looking for some INTELLIGENT reasons people didn't like it. Thank you to all you people who said more than:

"3) it sucked."

If I want a juvenile argument, I'll go and talk to my 12 year old sister. Those of you that had valid reasons, thank you for letting me know them.

Archived