WIP: Trinity

oreo

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

===========

model update

===========

ok i scaled her head smaller and i refuse to make any more size changes to the head because its already getting out of form, fixed the hand problem, made her butt wider and rounder, trimed her waist slightly and smoothed the renders, i have to get capping soon so prolly only one more mesh editing update

here r the new pics:

================

latest model update on page 3

im starting to wonder if u really know wut modeling is about... that isnt the actual skin... it doesnt matter if it looks like '1 piece' cuz the skinning part is wut makes the difference... also the parts have been smoothed and aligned so it looks like 1 piece but it isnt...

wut da heck lol come on now, da face doesn't look like trinity lol its a nice model but it looks so simple compared to other models out there. i suggest remakin da face to look like trinity instead of lookin a lil plain. the body looks fine now tho, i cant complain there, i just want an actual lookin trinity :)

Hey oreo; great idea! Looking good so far.

As far as tweaking before the capping, I'll try to be more specific:

From the back view, her armpits (axillae) could be moved UP a bit, and the shoulders generally broadened. Carrie Ann Moss has quite broad shoulders. Define the deltoids after repositioning the shoulders.

BTW, what program are you using to model (Milkshape)? If it's either Gmax or 3DSMax, I find SOFT SELECTION very useful to adjust body part positions without messing up the look of the rest. It can save a TON of vertex-by-vertex work.

As far as the Hips/Waist is concerned: If you were to suck the ribcage INnwards and UPwards a bit, and pinch the stomach area, it would create more of a "waist" for her (see the pic you posted: http://oreo8.netfirms.com/012.jpg )

Also, her thighs look like they are touching (left and right), although there needs to be a "bit" of a crotch area. By pulling apart ALL of the vertices from the BELT to the TOES (even just by an "inch or two"), you'll 1. give her a crotch, 2. widen her hips.

Here's an early version of an elf I made:

http://jitd.fragland.net/php/upload/kram/earlyelf2.jpg

(I know the neck is a bit long, but. . )

Very SMALL adjustments such as these will make a BIG difference in the final product. :)

I haven't been 3D modelling for very long, but I've made hundreds and hundreds of sketches of the human form during my life.

hmm ok thx guys for the suggestions especially from frumpus thx a ton, i realized the problem about the crotch too, but then if i have a closeup ull prolly see it more clearly i did add a crotch area but it was too narrow as a result of smoothing, it looks like its joined, i will make it a lil wider, and the waist i already did that but maybe just a bit more, but then u see the thing is in diff ref pics her waist isnt that much 'slanted' as in that pic i posted, it was prolly the way she was standing in that angle that made her waist look like that, and ya ill fix the armpits, anyways thx to all of u who helped, expect the final mesh tweak update in couple hrs

For christ's sakes people i'm not tryin to get oreo pissed off. I'm trying to give him some ****ing constructive criticism then you gotta flame my ass. Back the **** off.

Since the skin will make all the difference on her clothes then I think the actual model is done. Are you going to skin it or are you going to get some1 else to?

hmm a few ppl msged me on the progress of trinity since i said next update will be couple hrs, well just letting u guys know i was busy for the day so i couldnt get time to work on it, i just started working on it again, and omg i realized there were way more to tweak than the ones i said, but the next update will be sweet, i promise ;) , thatll be in around 12 hrs so be patient :p

Archived