97 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kman be removed from moderator status

• Yes, he should be removed
    • No, he should not removed
    • He should not be removed but should change his ways

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey emon, whats up......whatca doing here. Now your the last person I thought i would ever see in this thread. You Mr. consturctive criticism himslef....oops damn is that more sarcasm. must be a new york thing, it just pops right out. Pardon me.

Well, I am sorry, I hadn't realized that ets wasn't an admin. Once again, The change doesn't lie with kman, and it lies with us. Kinja shouldn't of even posted that here ANYWAYS. If HE followed the rule, then there would of been no problems.

I agree that KMan has done some good for this forum. I've stated before that I personally wouldn't mind if KMan stayed in his position, but worked on doing it in a manner more befitting his title. I've been waiting anxiously for him to post anything that even resembles an apology or acknowledgement that he has made some mistakes. So far, the only response to this has been flat out denial (of the favoritism), sarcastic remarks, and most of all, silence. If he isn't willing to discuss this, then that indicates to me he doesn't feel anything needs to be discussed, and thus he has no intention of changing. There is a clear dissatisfaction with some of his actions from a number of people so far, including newer people as well as some that have been around for some time. One way or another, this needs to be resolved.

Musashi, if you think that we should change to fit around KMan's innapropriate behavior rather than him change or be removed, your logic circuits must not be functioning properly. If he is doing things wrong (which it is clear, he is) then he should change. What you're saying sounds to me like "He can do whatever he wants, just get used to it." So far, I haven't seen a reason to beleive that we must live with the problem. If something is wrong and no one stands up against it, the situation will continue to get worse. By saying we should just forget it and let him do whatever he wants, you're essentially saying you don't care about these forums and if they go down in flames, it wouldn't bother you. That's not how I feel, and it's not how a lot of other people feel. If this ends up doing us no good, at least we tried. You can sit idly by if you want, but personally, I'm still standing.

Originally posted by funny_dude0

On the contrary Kman even posted on one of tru weed smokas forums. He WAS online when weed was causin all that trouble.

I WAS online only after had had posted all of that crap, and I went and deleted as many of the posts as I could find. Maybe I wasn't fast enough for you. Maybe I should be online all the time, I'm not a machine you know.

Well said BradFu. It's very simple. Kman has made some mistakes that he is either not willing to admit, unable to see, or just doesn't care. He admits that he mades mistakes the same way that mushashi compliments us by saying okay i'm sorry... sarcasm. He has to realize at least his inappropriate remarks that he makes when closing a thread.

RICH boy lol, I was a bike messanger for 3 months. Don't go rich boy me. LOL........rich boy...........thats a good one.........LOL..you do know what that job is right.......? let me fill you in, you probably won't believe me, but its true.

The job invovled basically doing a kamiazze run throught the city to a spefic destination to pick up and drop off a package. If you don't believe me..I have pics. I was doing this until i got hit by a car, which then I fell in love with art and modeling.

I definitely agree with KMan on that point. He can't be everywhere, all the time. I think this forum would benefit by having at least two active moderators (Roger doesn't count, because he's never around, and I'm almost convinced he's fictional :) ) Two or three active moderators would also create a bit of a "checks and balances" system, in that one moderator won't be able to make every decision unilaterally.

For the Skinning forum, I would nominate HapSlash to be the second moderator. He's always very helpful to people, and treats people well. I don't know who I would nominate for the modelling forum, but there are some good people here.

What does everyone else think about requesting more moderators? Perhaps a lot of the problems can be resolved simply by lessening KMan's load. It probably gets really old having to tell people to post in the requests thread or visit the Read First threads over and over again.

I WAS online only after had had posted all of that crap, and I went and deleted as many of the posts as I could find. Maybe I wasn't fast enough for you. Maybe I should be online all the time, I'm not a machine you know.

Yes I agree Kman. No one is perfect. Now why don't all you people just drop this whole matter and get on with your WIP's? Can we not have a little peace around here?

Please people, drop the matter and stop posting these threads. You're also making other people's new WIP threads they just posted and haven't had any replies for go down the thread line. Please just forget the whole thing.

Kman could use a little more help as well once in a while. Being a moderator is a somewhat hard and annoying job. I don't think he enjoys having to go through all those threads and seeing which ones are needing to be closed. You people don't have to go through a whole-bunch of posts a day.

Originally posted by Emon

It's not the fact that he closes threads and does his job, it's the fact that he sometimes DOESN'T.

Example:

He stated there should be NO recruiting for TCs and stuff. Kinja posts a TC thread and Kman does NOT close it because he says he likes Kinja's ideas. Whether he likes them or not, if he closes one he needs to close them ALL, and not play favorites.

Not true. During that period that Kinja's thread came up, I was debating weather or not to close it. I'm sure most of you don't know me enough to tell that I am quite sarcastic. My wife could tell you that. The point is, I talked to several people. Some said to let Mod's and TC's be posted, some said to close them. I went ahead and started to unlock some of the threads that posted looking for help. I talked to Kinja, then I decided to go back and close them and add to the Guidelines with what I thought would help bring more people to the Mod Central forums.

Originally posted by BradFu

For the Skinning forum, I would nominate HapSlash to be the second moderator. He's always very helpful to people, and treats people well.

Definatly would be nice to have someone else in the forums besides Roger the corpse. But I think HapSlash would not be a good idea. You should probably ask him first, but I'd imagine he would be too busy skinning everything to take that on.

Originally posted by BradFu

What does everyone else think about requesting more moderators? Perhaps a lot of the problems can be resolved simply by lessening KMan's load. It probably gets really old having to tell people to post in the requests thread or visit the Read First threads over and over again.

Yes, it get's really, really old.. fast. Seeing the same question over, and over, when they could find the information and save everyone a bunch of time.

True, have to find people who are both involved in the community, and not so busy with projects that they can't do much moderating. I still think HapSlash would be a good choice if he were up to it, and felt he could devote enough time to it. Perhaps we should have a sort of "election", let people make nominations on who they feel would be good and why, narrow it down until we've chosen some good people, or get the Administrators to choose from the nomations.

(By the way - I'm glad to see you discussing this now, KMan, that's what I've been hoping for. I don't think the problems that exist now are insurmountable if we all put our heads together and find a good solution)

I don't know, I can actually understand Kman, hes got a hard job, his attitude seems bad sometimes, but it comes from what he deals with here. If any thing I'd like to help him out, I'm a News man and Forum moderator over at The Jedi Sanctuary.

I'm going to throw out a suggestion to everyone involved here.

(I do have some experience in settling disputes and helping others to reach peaceful agreement)

I suggest that everyone puts everything in the past, for now. Give everyone and anyone in question the benefit of the doubt that they will behave and/or perform properly.

Perhaps now that things have been put out in the open, a better understanding has been gained by all sides.

I really suggest holding no grudges, forgetting all grievances and continuing along in a normal fashion. Only then will you see if there are any differences to your liking.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Actually, StarViperPilot, this thread is turning into a good discussion. Perhaps we should move it to a different thread, however.

nomad - I fully agree. I'm all for a peaceful solution :) As I've said previously, I don't intend to hold any grudge against KMan, I have no problem with him as a person, but I felt the moderating problems needed to be discussed. KMan is now discussing, and already I have a better understanding of his position.

I say if we're gonna start nominations for adding in new moderators we should set up a new thread for it. It should be titled as this:

"New Moderators Nominations Thread"

Well, how about it Bradfu? You and some others are wanting to nominate some people to be new moderators. So I think you should go ahead, make a new thread for it, and see how many nominations you could get for it. I'm sure you could work out all of this stuff this way. :D

Of course we need to ask him first, but I do think Hapslash would be an excellent moderator on the skinning forum. It's not like it would take up any of his time anyway. The skinning forum gets all of what, 15 posts a day? Speaking of which, visit the skinning forum people!!! Great stuff goes on there!! There's more to life than just models!

I would love to see some more moderators on this forum. It's rather active, and one mod doesn't quite cut it (kman does have a lot to do besides moderate!).

I have 5 years of forum moderation experience for top-level game-centered domains...enough to know that poor kman is probably pretty much overrun right now. Especially with the talented output he's been putting out. :D

Archived