Home

Dark Horizens

CaptainRAVE

On gamespy.com a new article has been written up about modding, specifically JK2 modding...here.

It says

Of the JK2 mods that don't seem to have any hope is the very cool Kaiburr Saga, which seems to have lost its entire team minus a few holdouts; Dark Horizons, Rebel Strike, and Dark Forces. A pity.

Is Dark Horizons in trouble??

I mailed Gamespy about it, to make sure that they change their article. Dubbilan visited me this weekend, and we talked a lot about mapping and Dark Horizons, it is definetely not going down the drain. Taylormouse has been modelling some stuff lately as well, so you will get to see some stuff in the near future, but we rather keep a lot of our stuff a secret to make sure that it doesn't get copied, and if it gets copied, then at least we got a headstart. The CTF mappack will come out this week, I've been talking with Dubbilan about my map which is huge and we have decided to leave it out of the mappack, since it required a lot more work to finish it and gameplaywise it is too big, it takes way too long to make a capture. So instead I started on a ffa map which will be a lot better :) The huge map might see the light of day one day, but right now it will just be gathering dust on my harddrive.

I think it was just an assumption on gamespys part that this mod has no hope. You can hardly blame them for assuming that the mod was a no go because you havent actually released much info about the TC. Still, it was a very unproffesional assumption for such a well known gaming company.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting close to finishing off the ingame main female test model. Should also have some renders of the highres model soon.

Archived