Home

KMan's ESB Yoda Skinpack

MysticSpade

hey ppl (mostly Kman) i was wonderin if any of you know what happened to the release of the ESB (empire strikes back) yoda skin that Kman was makin last i heard he was gonna release it a week after the Yoda release but yet i still see no ESB yoda. Any info'd be appreciated.

Hey Kman, if ya want, you can email me the skin so I can post it up on the JKII.net Files Section. If the skins were actual action figures, they are flying off the shelves quicker than the Jedi Outcast game itself.. Best Buy near me sold out of it for the 2nd week in a row...lol

Dmccarthy100@charter.net

(I probably won't get it uploaded tonight, seeing as how it is 1:56am where i am, but when I get up in the morning/afternoon/whenever, and the email is sitting on my pc, I will get it uploaded ASAP.

I just installed it..and ran NORMAl jk2 and i was getting this error

"Requested feature was omitted at a combile time" . I also tryed loading it in jedi mod..same thing. But as soon ass i took it out it was fine again... wuts up with this????

what do u mean by be sure to DL the right one i only see one option of ESB yoda to choose from. And when i installed it, it gave me the compile time thing. Or could u just plz send me the thing via ICQ or email. Cuz no-matter which or what i DL it shuts the game down.

That is because Fileplanet is slow on updating their mirrors. Once it get's up there, I'll post an update. I'd also want to make sure jk2files has the most recent one (I sent mine to them over two weeks ago, I beleive), but they are slower than fileplanet. Anyone know of what other sites to send it to?

Hey t3rror, thanks for the heads-up, for some reason also, the version that got posted was the one that was causing the compiling error, but it has now been fixed and has the correct/working version up... Good work KMAN on the skin. Looks great. !

yoda_jedi.jpg

One note.... this skin has bot problems. I noticed that esb-yoda.jkb was in /scripts when it should have been in /botfiles and esb-yoda.bot was in /botfiles when it should have been in /scripts. I fixed that already. However when I load the esb-yoda bot he appears in black and white. How can that be fixed?

Theres also a problem with the shaders. The invisble hairline on the esb_yoda blocks out the lightsaber. Try it and you will see. I've modified the shaders myself to fix this problem.

I opened up the shader folder in the pk3 file and renamed the current esb_yoda.shader to esb_ghost.shader.

I then made a new esb_yoda.shader and insde this file I added the following lines:

models/players/esb_yoda/esb_alpha

{

q3map_nolightmap

{

map models/players/esb_yoda/esb_alpha.tga

alphaFunc GE192

depthWrite

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/esb_yoda/esb_alpha.tga

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

}

models/players/esb_yoda/esb_head

{

{

map models/players/esb_yoda/esb_head.tga

blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/esb_yoda/eye_env.jpg

blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE

tcGen environment

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/esb_yoda/esb_head.tga

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

}

This worked for me. An easire way to do it would probably be to make a new pk3 file with these two files and call it zzzyoda.pk3.

p.s I bet no one else has this porblem anyway.

Cool. I haven't done bots before. So I moved those things to their proper places. I re-uploaded it for those that are lazy.

I will edit this post with the link once it is updated on the fileplanet server.

[edit] Ok, it is now up in the Fileplanet servers. The filesize is 1.98MB as opposed to the previous versions.

Archived