Home

OLD - WIP: Masters of the Force

razorace

It might be a good idea to look out and write mails to professional website creators. Some of the are indeed willing to help you. You'd be amazed to see how many of them love to contribute in a game or a mod. After all, if they can build a website, they can also build your user interface.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

buckman: I'm normally on ICQ a lot and some of the team hangs out occationally at the gamesnet.net #jediknight channel. I'll email you about the maps. One suggestion, remove your email from your posting. Spammers use programs to scan for email address on forums such as this.

Originally posted by UniKorn

It might be a good idea to look out and write mails to professional website creators. Some of the are indeed willing to help you. You'd be amazed to see how many of them love to contribute in a game or a mod. After all, if they can build a website, they can also build your user interface.

Professionals? I'm not willing to pay for a website, but if they'd do it for free I'd go for it. You have any suggestions of who to ask?

What is the projected length of the coding process? I wish I could help but I cannot currently code or map. I have alot of ideas myself. Few of them are expressed in your mod in different forms. Telekinetics for example. Im really excited about that feature.

To total completion or to first release? I'm not going to estimate to completion as my estimate would be wrong. :) However, if we can secure the services of a mapper, we should be able to release our information on the hidden feature in about a week or so.

As for your ideas, if you want to share them, ether post them here or PM them to me. :)

Razor Ace

However, if we can secure the services of a mapper, we should be able to release our information on the hidden feature in about a week or so.

Are you saying that the first release would be in about a week? Why don't you post this request in the mapping forum?

Well, this was my force throw concept(would work like force grip)....

Level 1: Can move small objects,(rocks, droids, small

boxes etc.) for attack one at a time.

Must be stationary for 4 seconds.

--Every item within your arc or circle is affected.

Your arc/cursor(like force push/pull) on this level is

large enough for only one small object--

Level 2: Can move medium/small objects for attack

three at a time and press distanced switches

Must be stationary for 2 seconds.

--Your arc/cursor(like force push/pull)on this level

is large enough for three medium/small objects--

Level 3: Can move large/medium/small objects for

attack. Medium/small objects 5 at a time. Large

Objects 1 at a time.

Can press distanced switches. Can move aircraft around

the size of Xwings. That is not for attack, and it

would require a stationary 2 seconds of focus.(on

MP/SP maps this would make nice for hidden areas. Or

for SP, could be imperative to advancement in that

level.)

Movement of medium/small objects is instantaneous

--Your arc/cursor(like force push/pull) on this level

is large enough for 5 medium/small objects and 1 large

object.--

Level 4: Can collapse structures. All the aforementioned abilities are done instantly, no focus required. 5% increase in throw speed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is another thought I had. It actually was for an addition to a jedimod based mod. I think it could bring a bit more balance to the dual/two saber weilding.

-The ability to break a dualbladed saber in half (to one saber-ex: Obi-wan vs Maul)

-The ability to destroy one saber if the opponent is weilding two at once(ex. Anakin vs. Dooku)

In your mod, will you be able to wield dual and two sabers?

Nope, not until we can make new animations or someone else does. I believe I've addressed this before...without new animations the saber(s) clip thru the player's body AND don't fight with the correct style. As for your Force Throw idea, it's basically the same as TK except for level 4, which simply isn't practical to program, you'd ether have to create special maps (with scripted structure collapse) or rewrite the whole JK2 engine (which we don't have access to).

Erliko: Read the post above yours..... We'll put in that feature once the problems are figured out. :)

AB_Legion: I've got two webmasters already but I'm not sure my current hosting will be able to handle it. What are the details of your offer? How much space/bandwidth/control would we have and how would this relate to your website?

Speaking of which....what happen to the Jedi of the Old Republic Mod? They seem to have the same goal as us, we could probably merge projects if they're still around. :)

There's more than enough space for you. Bandwidth is practically unlimited (30GB transfers) and there are unlimited MySQL databases as well as PHP4 support. Trust me, nothing is lacking on my server :cool:

All that is required if you choose to take on NRG's hosting, is you put alittle mention that you're being hosted by us (added with a link).

JotOR is still hosted by NRG, it's going to be one of our main points of concentration to work on this project. You would have to speak with Seth, Rajess MoDuron for more information though.

Do you have MSN or AIM, any of the sort for communication? If so that would be good so we could talk further about hosting.

Cheers ;)

Awesome. I'm PM you my contact information. I'm on basically all the messenger services with Trillian.

What's Seth or Rajess MoDuron's contact information? I posted to the JotOR thread but I never got a reply. Depending on Mod focus and control issues, it may be best if the teams worked together. :) No point do the same things slightly different. :)

Razor Ace

Archived