Home

OLD - WIP: Masters of the Force

razorace

Sorry, I forgot to mention the release plan. We'll be doing releases of small implimentations thru out the development cycle. In fact, We'll probably make a official release of the hidden feature ASk discovered in a week or so. As for ACTUAL MotF releases, I imagine we'll probably make our first release in about three weeks.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, someone beat us to the punch....Sort of... Slunker release a partial set of specs for the Saga Gametype (the secret project). It's a objective-based team mode. The link to the thread is here. I'm a little upset being accused of keeping something a secret for malicous purposes, but otherwise we're fine. ASk is about to send in a Mod to fix some minor bugs in the system. I'll start on coming up with some ideas to improve Saga for MotF.

Dragonlance: We can always use help on design or beta testing, if you can't code/map/etc.

Razor Ace

I'd like to join the team. I have minimal programming knowledge, but I've worked with coders before and have an ability to understand and explain code ideas.

I could also give you a competitive viewpoint on the mod. I can see it becoming standard on many ladders, even moreso that ProMod might become. I've played in many competitions and know what people are looking for in a mod. I know why Quake 3 and RTCW have done so well competitively, and can give you ideas on how to increase popularity of the mod.

Hey razorace, i just read your updated design doc - looks good :)

FYI - i am doing a couple of the things in my mod that you mentioned in your design doc, and i've already coded them up.

So lemme know when you get to that stage and i might be able to save you some time.

greetings all, I am here to tell you that for certain pre-existing reasons, I am unable to access the Mirc chat... :( wth...

anyway, I had a idea for a weapon that would be very cool, but I need to know if recoil is going/able to be put in at all?

also, for the repeater alt. fire, (or whatever high damage high arc gun gets in) can it be made to only fire if the player is crouched? this would make sence for ballence reasons, and gun backround(you gonna shoot a big gun thats basicly a portable mortor, standing up?)

thoughts, ideas?

oh yes, BUMP!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

making the game more real is the best of your ideas.

1 thing would be to take out some of these 1 hit kills.

when im playing online as VenoMuS(player name) i can battle with the best or worst for a good while, sometimes up to 5 min. an still have 100 health then 1 luckey hit and i loose,

that dosnt seem fair or fun.

about beta testing, im tottally for it if you still need more people.:fett:

Weekly Team Meetings:

Starting tomorrow, we're going to have weekly team chat meetings on Saturday at 9pm PST. We will be meeting on IRC.

Server: gamesnet.net

Channel: #motf

These are openning meetings, so the "public" is welcome. Feel free to come if you want to give some input on the project or get the lastest news.

Mod Progress:

We're currently heavily in the later design stage. We have a first draft of the design set but a multitude of new ideas has created a minor delay in the programming. We'll start up the programming as so as we figure out the great new ideas we've had.

The website is coming along. We have a layout and are currently filling the site with information. Look to it to be up and running "soon".

I think what you guys are doing will be awesome when finished. I'm curious to know how far along is this mod and is there a set target date for completion? I downloaded the tools for editing JK2 but have only expiremented with them. I only get to touch my computer once or twice a week(my fiance is a pain sometimes) so I have little time for doing anything. And I know less than nothing about programming. But as I improve I'd like to drop ideas and submissions to you. I'm sure you would appreciate all the help you can get. Keep up the hard work. How is the job distribution going? Hope you have at least one person in every job. Great idea for a mod I hope it doesn't go the way of Jedi Styles. This post is long enough so I'll shut up now.

Archived