Home

Kicking in saberfights

Stenger

Hi guys!

Just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on kicking when, for instance, in a Duel Match.

In my opinion, kick deals WAY too much damage and as a result you see a bunch of people fighting, who primarily resort to just kicking instead of using the saber. That's just plain wrong use of this game, seeing how this is the only game out there were you can successfully fight in this manner, using a lightsaber.

And... I don't know if it's just me being pisspoor :).... I find it very hard to avoid kicks. It's way too fast and easy to do.

Anyways, that's something I would see resolved in a future patch, though I doubt many more will come out.

What's your opinion?

Kicks are a tool just like a lunge or a dfa. To "nerf" another tool in the jk2 arsenal is just plain wrong. If you cannot avoid kicks then your best bet is to change the way you play. If soomeone is kick happy in a duel I just stay low to the ground and perform rolling attacks. If they are dumb enough to keep rushing me straight on then I will kick them to death. I run Jedimod on my server and have kick damage turned down so that your unable to kick someone four time and cause them to die. I have it set to about half of that. This way kick becomes a "tool" and not the main weapon. If kick is "fixed" in a patch I will be upset to say the least. No other move gets people away from you faster than a kick in an ffa match. Just work on a few newe tactics, as well as your kicks, and you will find it to be a little more tolerable.

Just like with most moves if it is over used by someone it makes the duel get boring fast. I have seen people who just use kick when they are down on health and can't use the saber, but I have also seen some people that are very skilled at both kicking and saber fighting. I usually don't use kick in a duel untill the other person does, because i know how it can make the duel unfun when they can't move out of the way and die without being able to get a hit in.

I dl the promod and let me say that I was not impresessed. All that mod does is make everyone run around in red stance doing forward slashes at each other. Plus if your a "pro" then a few kicks would not be a problem. All yu need to do to a server is up the saber damage and turn trace on. Then you have a real fight on your hands!

I will try promod when the final comes out, I did like the target cursor but other than that I found it quite dull. But it was 1:30am and it could have been a bad crowd.

:( I will try it again.......

they need to add more to the arsenal.. cause right now sabers suck.. all there is is kicking, and blue lunge.. thats the only saberly way you can kill people.. sabers are dumb as they are.. the older patches were definately more fun.. i dont play on older patched versions cause there are no old servers.. and i dont play the new patch cause it blows. RAVEN FIX THE GAME.. THE NEW PATCH SUCKS BADLY. sabers need to be one hit kills or something.. freaking play test it in all modes before you release another patch dammit.

• 3 weeks later...

1.02 is the best version of JK, virtually every move is counterable.

Only a few forces are over powered. Absorb an drain, both equally overpowered. Dfas can be countered without force. Backstabs countered by dark rage or protection. Kick being single tap, not being able to be done in mid air so easily, makes it virtually impossible to spam kick. 1 v 1 Force fights on 1.02 are most interesting fights in this game.

Archived