Home

It's coming....

-Chrono_MOT-

Just thought I would start hyping the MP mod I am working on. I can't give any details yet, because I'm absolutely positive no one has come up with this idea.

If there are any other coders out there who are more familiar with the MP source (as I only just got a hold of it) I would be grateful to have you work with me to make this mod a reality.

It's something that's totally possible, and when done, will knock everyone's socks off.

When have I not delivered to you guys eh?

I'm only going to give one clue. Fast-paced.

If you are interested please e-mail me chronofanatik@yahoo.com -and we will see.

What I need:

1.) MP Coders who can turn my pseudocode into reality.

2.) Modelers who are pretty good with non-humanoid models.

3.) Talented skinners, as the beta will be using a primitive map I designed to test the code out on.

Since the MP side uses humanoid.gla for animations, I was actually wondering if anyone has found a way to use any gla for animations instead of just one. I'm sure it's hardcoded into the source, just a matter of finding it.

All coders interested will receive a zip file containing the following:

1.) The test map.

2.) A VERY primitive animations.cfg for now.

3.) A txt file describing exactly what needs to be done, and some will include ideas on how.

In the readme.txt explaining what needs to be done, there will be a disclaimer that you cannot (and boy do I repeat CANNOT) tell anyone of what you are working on, as I want this to be the most tightly kept surprise ever. This is very important because until I have something more concrete than what I am working with, I don't want to get the community's hopes up.

Do I make myself clear? If you are not willing to secretly work on a project please do not inquire.

Is it possible to model anything as long as it is put to the humanoid.gla?

Also, is it possible to turn "off" certain functions like jumping/etc?

I'll show what I mean if anyone who codes shows more interest.

Nick, would you be willing to help? I know you're pretty good with the MP code. Drop me an email some time.

Archived