Home

JediMod v1.3 @ jk2files.com PRANK???

Dak_iSuk

Well:

Whoever made it THANKS!!!!!! The game crashed and I had to completely reinstall JK2 thanks to you. How nice - I really appreciate it. I hope you get genital herpes!!!!!!!

Dest - You did a great job with the real Jedimod man. Its a shame some jerk is trying to ruin your reputation. One of my clanmates works as a forum mod (Gizmo) at JK2 files and I have asked him to get it removed ASAP.

Originally posted by keo718

Hmm. Andy867 mentioned there would be an official Jedimod 1.3. Maybe you can ask him how he got this info, and from whom.

simple: dest said he was stopping work on jedimod for the time being because of school. he never said he was quitting alltogether.

Im apologizing on the belhalf of Jk2Files Staff. This was not posted by us as a joke or with malicious intent. It disgust me that someone has to do somthing like this just to get a 3 hour charge out of themselves. I do apologize for its posting on JK2Files, but we had no clue.

Please read the topic:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.news?ID=1836&action=expand#48200

this fake mod is tagged with a virus as well. u should immediately remove it from your hardrive or it will cause permanent damage. since it crashed your whole game (i can't remember who exactly) that means that it attached itself to one of your files. i'd run a virus scan if i were you. i too made the mistake of DL'ing this "mod" and as soon as i saw the @$$hole part i could of swore i stayed up just a little too long last night. But then i ran a virus scan and i had contracted 4 viruses extending from that file. so anyone who has and is just not using it u should take it off your hard drive immediately.

Originally posted by MysticSpade

this fake mod is tagged with a virus as well.

Well I ran my freshly updated AV and found nothing. Of course I had already overwritten the v1.3 files with the v1.2. HOWEVER, I still have the .zip so after the full system scan was done I went back and scanned it again. Sill I had no viruses. So, being the glutton I am, I unzipped the v1.3 and scanned the contents... Still nothing. Being ever curious I unpacked the conents of the .pk3 files, and lo I had no virus.

So, are you trying to create some sort if panic, or trying to make a bad thing worse? What viruses did you have? All AV programs will tell you the names of the viruses and what files were infected. What AV program did you use? I used my trusty norton with a fresh update as of this morning.

no absolutely not i did not have any viruses on my comp until DL'ing this file. i do virus scans once a day everyday and it showed up that very same day of m obtaining this file. i absolutely do not mean to cause a mass panic. i though that ppl would like to be aware of this. if you read the apology at jk2files they say that it may be tagged with a virus and apparently the copy i got did. it wasn't a very stealthy one u can track its movements if u try.

I am so happy I didn't get it. When I saw it posted, I thought, "hmm, interesting" and looked at what was new. All I saw was boring old admin crap so I didn't bother, especially since i often just play with bots, anway, since I haven't seen a server host a mod yet. Then again I'd be surprised if the virus could've gotten past all the security my comp apparently has, seeing as I can't host ANY game unless I'm just playing with bots. I still have 1.2, and I thought it was interesting when I saw both 1.1 and 1.2 files in the jedimod folder....I'll take care of that....

Archived